Poll

Poll is being changed

Herp
- 2 (16.7%)
Derp
- 10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heavy Metal: Mental Trauma on Embark  (Read 6138 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Metal: STARTING OVER - CHOOSE EMBARK EQUIPMENT!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

Dorf me in the next migrant wave, but only if my dorf will serve as his name. ULTIMATE MEATSHIELD AT YOUR SERVICE.

If possible name my sons and daughters Meatshield I, Meatshield II, etc. My only will is toward them is to have them put to dwarven daycare.

Got any equipment suggestions for embark? Stuff like stone and booze, that is. You don’t have to be on the starting seven to request, subject to the rules.

I’m definitely going back to region2. The embarks will be running slow from the start, no matter the size. Will be embarking on a mountain with a lot of elf and dwarf ruins, where they were overrun by goblins, humans, and possibly necromancers. We won’t have sedimentary flux, but we will have marble.

The civilisation I’m embarking as, The Vigorous Rags, has a massive number of settlements all the way down the middle of the region map. They have some interesting characters, such as goblin drunks, in their “notable members” list.

We’re at an equal point (discarding my vote) for the group name. Any suggestions of what we should call the group?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:08:25 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 11:29:54 pm »

I always replace the pig tail fiber equipment with cheaper more affordable stuff. It's cheap I know but it can allow more inventory for us. Other than that, if we have any warriors/soldiers give them axes. Hammers are okay. But I like axes. And remember we won't need armor because we'll have me!
MEATSHIELD.

...well after a migrant wave or two...
Jarloth Steellungs is my current dwarf wrestler, who enjoys breaking everyone's knees and elbows and then working his way down from fingers to toes to ankles to wrists to arms to legs to gouging the eyes. And if he has a knife (though he prefers sharp rocks) he'll remove their ears, nose and tongue but only after kicking their teeth out.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 12:43:37 am »

So can I get dorfed too? I think you might have missed my post, it was right under Meatshield's. Also, we need Steel! Or at least a little bit of it to make suitable weapons for the military before the bandit raids.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 02:09:10 pm »

So can I get dorfed too? I think you might have missed my post, it was right under Meatshield's. Also, we need Steel! Or at least a little bit of it to make suitable weapons for the military before the bandit raids.

Anyone can get dwarfed, but the thing hasn’t even embarked yet. Migrant wave’s a while away.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Metal: LETS ROLL!
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 10:06:54 pm »

Alright, lets roll!

Firstly, the results of some polls:
Spoiler: Fortress Name (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Group Name, yesterday (click to show/hide)

As of today, the “Let’s be a conspiracy theory” clan have really got their vote in:

New World Backstory!

Over the past hundred years, The Vigorous Rags have forged an immense civilisation under the wise leadership of Eral Ferncities, stretching from the frozen northern hillocks of Zansongadil “Massivewalled”, across vast mountain ranges to the warm southern reaches of The Imperial Land. At the turn of the 100th year, Eral Ferncities died of old age, leaving the throne to her third eldest daughter, Dodók Toolstrap.

Dodók Toolstrap had served as the mayor of The Bejewelled Dye in Bronzestoke for nearly seventy years until she returned to the Mountainhome of Granitewalled as the new queen

Dodók Toolstrap sought to further the grand legacy of her forebears by expanding the vigorous Rags further south, into the steamy tropical regions and scorching mountain ranges. There lay goblin civilisation, human cities, elven retreats, and a few dwarven settlements.

Many elven forest retreats lay in ruins. Gicacayi “Canyonflash” had been destroyed by humans of The Realms of Coincidence in the midspring of 59, who then laid waste the elven capital of Alelarìna “Leafbreaths” in the midspring of 60. The new capital, Quitheicitha “Flaxendipped” was destroyed by goblins of The Square Lie in the midwinter of 62. The forest retreat of Nèmileícati “Flutepillars" still stood, well populated, and became the new capital. In 81, Queca Wealthsnarles became the new queen, having previously been queen of The Fangs of Adoration in the year 53; thereafter there were no further significant attacks.

The region was not very hospitable to dwarven civilisation either - many hillocks of The Turqouise Boot around The Triangular Walls and The Pregnant Tooth had been plundered by the nearby goblins - the hillocks of Sitaloltar “Westgilt" (pillaged by The Curse of Wanes in 46), Udibîgam “Syrupgorges” (Pillaged by The Witch of Autonomy in 43), and Ustiravuz “Crowmines” (pillaged by The Scorpion of Bears in 47) lay in ruins.

Amid the strife, in the year 33, the tower of Strospilecit, “Problemgleams”, had been constructed between the three mountain ranges of The Shriveled Fingers, The Pregnant Tooth, and The Triangular Walls. Built by “The Hollows of Clarifying”, lead by the dwarven necromancers ùshrir Regaltomb, Onol Orbspaddled, and the human necromancer overlord Dema Crushedscraped, the range of the tower was estimated to be worldwide. However, no zombie invasions had taken place....... not yet. Rumour had it the necromancers spent their days writing books on the nature of the world.

Nonetheless, a suitable location was discovered in a mountain range by a brook, upon The Spines of Breath, which lay just to the north of The Pregnant Tooth. The mountain contained magnetite deposits, and while it lacked surface flux some prospecting determined it had marble deep down. An expedition was advertised, with considerable supplies provided.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:12:38 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Metal: LETS ROLL!
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 09:57:54 pm »

Summary of what happened:
CaptainArchmage cancels Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by Kerbal Space program 0.24.0

Well we’ve embarked! Please wait while I post details.......

Starting Seven:

CaptainArchmage, Wizard (Expedition Leader - Weaponsmith - Comedian - Second-hand brokerage knowledge)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10terrapin01, Birthday Dwarf (Boyer and Mechanic)

snackfox, Miner

Imakuni, Miner

TalonisWolf, Cavern Scout (Axedwarf, Carpenter)

Lyeos (Mason, Architect, Engraver)

slowpokez (Doctor, Clothier, Planter)

The Embark........

Two wagons, carrying the contents of a bankrupted smelting industry, finally stop atop a hill overlooking a brook. CaptainArchmage jumps off and opens a letter with the queen’s seal upon it....... and begins to read

We are.....

The New World-Order

This fortress shall be named.......

Heavymetal, and it shall stand the test of time to bring a new order upon this world-

huh. This letter’s a bit stained in beer....... it seems we have to establish a fortress.

CaptainArchmage places the letter into a bucket labeled “emergency toilet paper”.

Journal of CaptainArchmage, 15th Granite, Year 100

Today, The New World-Order arrived at the site of our future outpost, Heavymetal, upon the orders of newly-crowned queen of The Vigorous Rags. I am the expedition leader, as well as a wizard, and we have arrived here with equipment mostly confiscated from an impounded smelting operation. Well, mostly. I can’t help but wonder why we need all this equipment. We have a metric fuckton of pitchblend boulders and cobaltite, which is labeled “for tower construction”. I can’t help but feel we’re being prepared for something quite extraordinary.

This is the furthest The Vigorous Rags have expanded their empire to scorching South. I can feel the heat, it is almost certain seasons will not be as we expect them to be. I wonder what exactly lives out here, too. My research indicates plundered elf settlements, plundered hillocks, goblin pits, and a tower full of insane necromancers. Well fuck. Wish us luck for the first month! The requirements for an outpost are lodgings, storage, farming, and a trade depot by the end of the year.

Note: Writing here may be of questionable quality to speed up establishment of the fortress. It may be updated as seen fit.

-> Well f**k, it looks like a lot of the magnetite deposits are the edges of the map. This wasn’t exactly a well-sited embark.

Journal of CaptainArchmage, 25th Granite, Year 101

The horror....... we moved our food to an outdoor stockpile while snackfox dug out the second soil layer beneath the ground to check for aquifers. All of a sudden, some grasshopper people arrived and were torn apart by the dogs. I suppose it was inevitable.

We stopped the wagons ridiculously high up the mountain, but I think that’s workable. We’ll dig a stairwell down to the brook level, and put in some entrances for wagons there.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:00:51 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Metal: Mental Trauma on Embark
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 11:38:55 pm »

Journal of CaptainArchmage, 17th Slate, Year 100

After that terrible incident with the grasshopper people, things have calmed down, just over a month since we got here. A herd of unicorns and an eagle have been spotted, but they do not pose any threat for now. We’ve excavated an entrance hall and part of the stairwell, and have started growing crops in the earthworks. Beds have been installed in the stairwell for now, and we are finishing off the furniture for the dining hall while the miners dig out underground food storage.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 02:26:04 pm »

Sounds as though this fortress this is doing well. Maybe in the hot summer that is to come, Meatshield will arrive?
Jarloth Steellungs is my current dwarf wrestler, who enjoys breaking everyone's knees and elbows and then working his way down from fingers to toes to ankles to wrists to arms to legs to gouging the eyes. And if he has a knife (though he prefers sharp rocks) he'll remove their ears, nose and tongue but only after kicking their teeth out.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »

Sounds as though this fortress this is doing well. Maybe in the hot summer that is to come, Meatshield will arrive?

Well first....... I need to get this going again. This is probably helped by the new bugfix version, we won’t have trees from the caverns breaking out of the ground. Yet.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »

I recommend that you wait for this update to become stable or revert back to .34.11 if you want steady gameplay for this story.

And besides they're not "bugs", they're features!
Pages: 1 2 [3]