Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the mechanics behind this RtD were simpler, would you join? (Only vote if you have not signed up)

Yes
- 7 (70%)
No
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 27  (Read 39338 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- SIGN UPS OPEN
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 01:43:18 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Yep, references to both The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Space Quest. I expect plenty of slapstick comedy to arise from this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:15:54 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:17 pm »

^Most of the traits are alright, but Ignorant should be changed to a penalty rather than simply description. The 'Almighty Janitor' trait is alright without a numerical bonus as it gives access to knowledge most characters might not have.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 03:12:41 am »

When a game has traits for the players to decide, I usually leave the crunch out, so the GM can decide the numbers and balance the game properly. I'll edit in some specifications, but really, the balance is up to you.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 04:23:52 am »

Ptw
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:04:51 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »

So this seems so complicated that it might be putting people off.

Poll time!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »

Hello. I would like to join, but I am currently not at a good computer to type up my charsheet. Is it okay if I post my sheet up later?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

Name: Philbert Russel
Appearance: Philbert is a somewhat fat man, who looks to be in his early forties. His hair used to be reddish-yellow, but now it is just white speckled with some color, with a balding spot in the center. He likes to wear a wide-brimmed hat, even when he is inside. Philbert has light skin and green eyes. Overall, he looks pretty normal.
Homeworld: Philbert was born on Collibus,which was a moon of a gas. It was covered in vast, rocky hills and mountains, with many fertile plains in between, where civilisation existed. Collibus was primarily an agricultual planet, though there was generally at least one major city on each plain.
Background: Philbert was born to a middle class family, and his mother died of sickness when he was an infant. His father had started a restaurant that wasn't anything special, so Philbert learned how to cook from a young age. His father eventually sold the restaurant, and Philbert joined a private security company, which he worked for for a few years until he was selected to go on the Anaxagoras as a cook.
Attributes: (Put a number by each.)
Diplomacy: 1
Force:2
Intrigue: 0
Wisdom: 2
Traits: Cook, Security Guard, Jumpy, Fat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:43:54 pm by Alev »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

Hello. I would like to join, but I am currently not at a good computer to type up my charsheet. Is it okay if I post my sheet up later?

((No problem. It's not FCFS.))

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »

((No problem. It's not FCFS.))
Is my sheet okay?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 04:33:37 pm »

Is my sheet okay?

Let's look at the traits:

Cook: +1 to preparing food, and +1 to identifying common spices
((Fair enough))

Security Guard: +1 to improvised attacks
((This is a combat-related stat, so it doesn't work because I will introduce a slightly novel form of combat bonuses in the future, which includes improvisational attacks and the like.
However, I've modified it to be a more general stat which fits slightly better))
Security Guard+: +1 to counter-aggression and capturing fleeing opponents.

Jumpy: -1 to all actions after being startled.
((I just made it a numerical bonus since 'easily startled' is mostly pulled off during speech and interaction))

Fat: -1 agility.
((Agility technically affects combat, but it also effects other things like running around and/or away from danger.))

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

Is my sheet okay?

Let's look at the traits:

Cook: +1 to preparing food, and +1 to identifying common spices
((Fair enough))

Security Guard: +1 to improvised attacks
((This is a combat-related stat, so it doesn't work because I will introduce a slightly novel form of combat bonuses in the future, which includes improvisational attacks and the like.
However, I've modified it to be a more general stat which fits slightly better))
Security Guard+: +1 to counter-aggression and capturing fleeing opponents.

Jumpy: -1 to all actions after being startled.
((I just made it a numerical bonus since 'easily startled' is mostly pulled off during speech and interaction))

Fat: -1 agility.
((Agility technically affects combat, but it also effects other things like running around and/or away from danger.))
Ok, thanks. I will edit it.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 05:43:29 pm »

Name: Katelyn Materos
Appearance: Above-average height and slightly skinny, though not as much to make anyone notice. Looks like a teenager, on the older side. She has a light skin-tone and deep blue eyes, along with dark-blue hair. She generally has a weary expression and a soft voice, as if she is tired. Normally, she wears a light-grey jacket, dark-blue pants, and a plain navy long-sleeve shirt underneath. She usually wears square-framed glasses and taps her toe when she's idle. Overall, she has a lighter frame than most people and is pretty weak in strength but strong in mind and heart.
Homeworld: She comes from a world called Saldetas, where humanity had developed enough technology to make the entire universe gaze with envy. However, she was fed-up with the dullness of the attitude in this world, which was composed entirely of landscapes of neverending skyscrapers, so she instead decided to join the crew of scientists here.
Background: She grew up as an orphan and grew under a mentor who taught her some basic concepts about engineering. Katelyn took it upon herself to learn some more advanced theories and laws of physics, engineering, and xenocultural studies. She grew up in a small multi-family house with some other kids and never really experienced what the true natural world was. She lived in a world where steel buildings and gray edifices were commonplace.
Attributes:
Diplomacy:0
Force: 0
Intrigue:2
Wisdom:2
Traits: Engineer, Visionary, Weak

How does my sheet look?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »

Sign-ups will close in about two hours from now. Say 'reserved' if you are interested in joining and have not yet posted a sheet.

In the meantime I will be writing out the main post.

Name: Katelyn Materos
Appearance: Above-average height and slightly skinny, though not as much to make anyone notice. Looks like a teenager, on the older side. She has a light skin-tone and deep blue eyes, along with dark-blue hair. She generally has a weary expression and a soft voice, as if she is tired. Normally, she wears a light-grey jacket, dark-blue pants, and a plain navy long-sleeve shirt underneath. She usually wears square-framed glasses and taps her toe when she's idle. Overall, she has a lighter frame than most people and is pretty weak in strength but strong in mind and heart.
Homeworld: She comes from a world called Saldetas, where humanity had developed enough technology to make the entire universe gaze with envy. However, she was fed-up with the dullness of the attitude in this world, which was composed entirely of landscapes of neverending skyscrapers, so she instead decided to join the crew of scientists here.
Background: She grew up as an orphan and grew under a mentor who taught her some basic concepts about engineering. Katelyn took it upon herself to learn some more advanced theories and laws of physics, engineering, and xenocultural studies. She grew up in a small multi-family house with some other kids and never really experienced what the true natural world was. She lived in a world where steel buildings and gray edifices were commonplace.
Attributes:
Diplomacy:0
Force: 0
Intrigue:2
Wisdom:2
Traits: Engineer, Visionary, Weak

How does my sheet look?

What does Visionary do?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:28:32 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- SIGN UPS CLOSED
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 08:41:49 pm »

Roll 0 - The Stars are Right

Quote from: Varee
Quote from: Powder Miner
Quote from: Samarkand
Quote from: IcyTea31
Quote from: Alev
Quote from: DarkArtemisFowl

Each of you listens on to the hiss of cryonics working their magic around you. Each person, resting in a tub of viscous, nutrient-rich goo, is slowly extracted from your makeshift coffins--er, beds. As you wash off the substance in zero-G and slip on your standard clothes, you meet for the first time at the hub of the cryonics bay. Protected by layers of lead radiation shielding and meteor-proof plating, the ships minuscule crew section and cargo bay stands perched precariously over the powerhouse torch-drive at the back of the ship, spewing literal tonnes of propellant laden with radioactive Hex fuel into the abyss. This is the Anaxagoras, the first of many vessels designed to ferry its inhabitants to safety. There are other vessels like it, but each is alone in its undertakings, sent off to find hope elsewhere. For all our crew knows, it could even be too late for the others, leaving the Anaxagoras as the sole progenitor of its once-vibrant home sector.

Well, what now? The ship's computer must have awoken the crew for some reason. At the beginning of the journey, you were told there would be seven people total watching the ship. Within your midst you only find six. Something must have happened to the seventh. Perhaps his cryonics failed, leaving him still frozen? Or perhaps he is located somewhere else on the ship, already at work?

The cryonics bay is located right at the center of the habitat module. Surrounded by life-support machinery and power distribution systems, the center section is linked to the primary grav-ring by three elevators and several pylons containing piping and power lines. The grav-ring is split into three sections for command, hydroponics, and manufacturing/storage. Most of your equipment should still be located inside the grav-ring, if you need it to repair the ship.

Of course, since you are going to be together for a long time, you should probably introduce yourselves before splitting off and inspecting the ship's status.

Characters

Spoiler: Varee, AKA Vex (click to show/hide)

Bridge Modules Installed:
-Dashboard (basic)
-Navigation Board (damaged)

Spoiler: Ship Dashboard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:39:41 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 0: Reckoning
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 09:36:54 pm »

((Your 'force' image link is broken; add first bracket. Action up soon.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:57:06 pm by Alev »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30