Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the mechanics behind this RtD were simpler, would you join? (Only vote if you have not signed up)

Yes
- 7 (70%)
No
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 27  (Read 39033 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 0: Reckoning
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »

Vex head straight for the bridge to boot up nav comp and get the map of the area. During this he boot up his radio and says
"Good day crewmate, am VEX pilot engineer get your ass moving and go to your station. Am manning the bridge, looking for our next destination. And someone gotta find the missing crew member too. Check his cryo first then we can look around."

((I assume we dont know that nav comp is damaged))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »

((The NAV comp?  :P :P :P :P :P))

((Consider this my ptw.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

Vex head straight for the bridge to boot up nav comp and get the map of the area. During this he boot up his radio and says
"Good day crewmate, am VEX pilot engineer get your ass moving and go to your station. Am manning the bridge, looking for our next destination. And someone gotta find the missing crew member too. Check his cryo first then we can look around."

((I assume we dont know that nav comp is damaged))
Philbert greeted all the other crew members, then heard Vex speaking over the radio. "Well, I don't really have any other job, so I suppose I'll go look for that guy." Philbert checks the cryo rooms and any nearby rooms for the crew member, and wanders around looking if he is not found. Eventually, search for a kitchen.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:12:05 am by Alev »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »

Katelyn observed the group and rolled her eyes at Vex's words. Well, at least he took charge. She decided to go ahead and do a manual check of the ship, to make sure none of the readings were incorrect.
"Alright then, I'll be taking a stroll 'round the ship if anyone needs me."

Explore the ship and make sure everything is structurally sound. Look for any leaks, damages, or inconsistencies. Also, keep a lookout for that missing crew member.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »

Zaynab stretches as she gets out of her cryo pod, popping a joint in her left arm.
"My name's Zaynab Hussain, psychiatrist. ...We don't know what condition the seventh of us may be in, so I think I'll help out with finding him or her."
Zaynab will help Philbert in finding the seventh crew member.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »

I'm Harry.

Look for the custodial closet. If found, take inventory.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:42 am »

((Waiting on Samarkand))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exiles of the Void
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 02:14:48 pm »

Roll 1 - On the Case

((We'll assume nobody can see bridge modules unless they are on the bridge.))

[Find the bridge: 1+3/9 = ~3] The bridge would be a great place to start things off! Yes... the bridge... it would be great to get to the bridge... where is the bridge? The halls lack signage, and what felt like decades of cryo-sleep has dulled your senses and made you forget. You recall that it was in your training, somewhere.

Of course, after a cursory look at the facilities around you, it is concluded that the bridge is not inside this section of the ship. You float your into one of the elevators and become the first one to leave the cryo-bay. As centrifugal force begins to tug on your feet, you strengthen your grip on the handlebar. Most humans would become nauseous at the gradual change in gravity, but you've learned to cope with much worse.

You find yourself inside one of the habitat ring segments, labelled 'C' on the wall in big, blocky print. Is it 'C' for 'command' or 'C' as in 'ABC?' Since there are only two directions you can move, you enter the door to your left and find a hallway lined with windows on one side. Through the windows you see rows of plants on stands, floating in water, and illuminated by blazing lights from above.

Philbert checks the cryo rooms and any nearby rooms for the crew member, and wanders around looking if he is not found. Eventually, search for a kitchen.

[Look for 7th crewmember: 5 + 1 (assisted by Zaynab)/7 = ~5] You head in and out of the halls, finding nothing but random civilians still in deep-sleep. Noticing that most of the pods are of a design radically different from your own, standing upright instead of leaning horizontally and ready for long-term use. A supply chain of containers bringing needed supplies to the dormant crew moves steadily across on a conveyor, being fitted into their sockets by simple robotic loading arms.

New Miniquest: On the Case (Find missing persons: 0/1)

[Find kitchen: 3+1/7 = ~3] You don't find a kitchen, although among the rows of deep-sleep cryopods you do find storage rooms filled with cylindrical containers of a sticky tan substance labelled 'NUTRIENT MIX 4C.' It must be close, if there is one. You hope there is.

A woman named Zaynab comes to your side and announces that she found something.

Zaynab will help Philbert in finding the seventh crew member.

[Find 7th crewmember: 6] As Philbert searches the pod halls, you look for rooms similar to the ones you woke up in. Each of the permanent crew seems to have gotten a room for him/herself, so the seventh one should be there somewhere. In fact, the first room you check is not a supply closet as you expected, but another room with a cryo-pod like your own, opened and already dry. The closet contains nine uniforms--yours contained ten--each labelled 'Cpt. Adrian Walther.'

Explore the ship and make sure everything is structurally sound. Look for any leaks, damages, or inconsistencies. Also, keep a lookout for that missing crew member.

This 'Vex' fellow at least seems experienced with organizational matters among crews of various races and backgrounds, considering how quick he was to take charge despite obviously not being from anywhere close to your own stellar neighborhood.

[Inspect ship: 6] You float down a hall of cryo-pods, taking note of the fact that each one is kept supplied by a chain of nutrient canisters on a conveyor, each being loaded by a robotic arm. Each step down the line is a possible point of failure, which will certainly require constant inspection to keep the crew from dying in-sleep if there's a problem. Perhaps you could thaw some of them out regularly, not just for their labor, but also to figure out which ones have backgrounds in maintenance and construction. The ship regrettably doesn't have much of an automated repair network.

As part of your exploration, you decide to take the elevator to the grav deck. Not expecting the speed of the elevator, you pull yourself close the bench. As the elevator starts moving, you are caught off-guard by the sudden application of physics and bump your head lightly against the wall as Coriolis effects kick in and gravity rises to the standard 1 G.

Look for the custodial closet. If found, take inventory.

Our hero finds himself in a new situation, unsure of what to do. Falling back on his instincts, he looks around for vague fragments of his past.

Considering that getting out of the pod was quite a mess indeed, you look for a custodial closet in order to clean up after the bits of gelatinous goo strewn about all over the room, floating around and attached to the walls--err, ceilings--err, floors.

[Find closet: 4] It seems that you had skipped right over the cleaning equipment inside your own room! Armed with a cordless air vacuum, you turn it on and--oh it seems the battery is dead. You don't seem to have any spares, but you do have a variety of other types of cordless equipment, including UV lamps, spring-operated grabbers, and disinfectant wipes. None of the usual floor-cleaning tools, however, most likely because there are no floors in space.

Quote from: Samarkand
While the others disperse, you suddenly get a massive hangover. If only the cryo-sleep had preserved your drunkenness.

Characters

Spoiler: Varee, AKA Vex (click to show/hide)

Bridge Modules Installed:
-Dashboard (basic)
-Navigation Board (damaged)

Spoiler: Ship Dashboard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:23:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- Waitlist still open -- Roll 1
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 02:21:38 pm »

"Yes, did you find the guy?" Philbert says as he tries some Nutrient Mix 4C. When Zaynab talks, go looking for the bridge, where a captain would presumably be, and try to remember general ship layout.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:16:51 pm by Alev »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 02:38:18 pm »

((I'm afraid you missed my action.))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:38:04 pm by IcyTea31 »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »

((Waiting on Samarkand))
((I'm so sorry! I spent a day away from the internet, and I hadn't anticipated this game starting up!))

Sophie was still coming to, trying to make sense of her surroundings in her hungover state. She thought the loud guy could have given everyone a chance to wake up before barking orders, but she was fine with anyone being in charge, as long as they gave her space.

After everyone dispersed, saving her the need to introduce herself, she slunk of quietly in search of alcohol.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

((I'm afraid you missed my action.))
((Eek! Fixing right now.

EDIT: Done))

((Waiting on Samarkand))
((I'm so sorry! I spent a day away from the internet, and I hadn't anticipated this game starting up!))

Sophie was still coming to, trying to make sense of her surroundings in her hungover state. She thought the loud guy could have given everyone a chance to wake up before barking orders, but she was fine with anyone being in charge, as long as they gave her space.

After everyone dispersed, saving her the need to introduce herself, she slunk of quietly in search of alcohol.

((Perfectly fine. It's in-character, anyhow. ;)))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:27:02 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »

Grab a clamping arm and a pack of disinfectant wipes. Go explore further.

((Wait, the ship doesn't have any sort of artificial gravity? What a surprise.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 06:29:03 pm »

"Ah, our seventh crewmember would appear to be the captain. I found his cryo-room you see, closet labeled Adrian Walthers with a uniform already taken from it. He's probably out already doing his duties. If we want to find him, I suggest we located a captain's quarters or a bridge."
Look for a captain's quarters or a bridge with Philbert.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:26 pm »

Vex curses under his breath and head down the other hall still look for the bridge.
"Cap'an huh? If you are awake BETTER ANSWER THE GOD DAMN RADIO." Vex shouted the last part into the radio.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:31:47 pm by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30