Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mystery Babies?  (Read 16111 times)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Babies?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 01:51:59 pm »

gotta catch a snatcher in order to see if babies will appear

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 01:53:09 pm »

It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.
Oh Urist fuckin' Mcbabysnatcher, this is getting sig'd.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »

Winged Troll baby?... and its Husband!? What is a Winged troll baby, and why does it have a Husband? That's the question I need answered.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 01:58:44 pm »

I assume the winged troll society practices arranged marriages...
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 02:00:03 pm »

Sounds to me like either 1.) snatchers do snatching runs and steal lots of babies at once before returning to base, or 2.) snatchers no longer return babies to base and just lug them around everywhere with them.  One thing is definitely for certain, however: those kidnapped babies should not be showing up on the units list!
Sanity is for the weak.

fluiddruid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

I'm having this issue too.  I also have a Goblin Baby (Tame) on my own unit list, and it says it was born today... how did it get snatched so fast, and moved to my map, if that's the cause?

For what it's worth, I got a ton of refugee and invasion reports from my liason.  Maybe refugee babies are bugged somehow.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »

I have about 20 elven babies in my unit list.  and I can't get to them.  First the trees,  now they trolls me with their own babies.

I have invaders turned on, and I assume everyone else with Mystery Babies does, too.  Someone should turn off invaders, generate a new world, and see if it still happens.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

(Possibly not safe for work.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »

The pole behind the statue...
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:37:25 pm »

Could it be that those babies show up instead of the caravan, because the world is not old enough yet to have adult traders?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 12:18:40 am »

Well they seem to be keeping my fort alive..........

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:07 am »

When the king of the underground troll gang heard about the newly constructed fort in the Mountains of Sorrow, he grinned and gave a single command: "BABIFY!"
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:20:14 am »

Just what this game needed, Babalities.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 11:35:19 am »

Could it be that those babies show up instead of the caravan, because the world is not old enough yet to have adult traders?

No, too many babies, caravans don't bring 30 people with them at a time.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 12:57:16 pm »

Has anyone found the babies on the map yet, or are they only listed on the unit screen?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3