Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too much necro towers?  (Read 7921 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too much necro towers?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 01:47:09 am »

It could be worse. I had a world were every tile of every forest in the world was home to elf sites.

Well, chopping trees down would hit two birds with one stone at least.

Starwing

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:57 am »

Necromantic civilizations expanding during world generation is almost certainly a feature.

Every single tower having it's own entry in the neighbours list and causing said list to overflow the bottom of the window border is almost certainly a bug.

Yea had neighbour window overflowed with neighbours as well. I guess "fix" for this would be that they would fight with nearby civs so they wouldnt expand uncontrollably?

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:36 am »

Haha, my first world has a smallish island with 27 necro towers, some funny shit. (southeast)
Sites medium, civilizations high, history 250 years.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once I get a grip on the new version definitely gonna create a fortress there for the fun. Sorry for page stretch  :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:41:20 am by Chimpanzee »
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »

If anyone has a current save (40.06+) for this, please post it in the bug report.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »

i don't mind necromancer proliferation. it kind of makes sense in-world that a magic user with a basically unlimited number of superstrong fearless soldiers spread quickly, that and i think(?) they're immortal, so they naturally stick around while the world dies off. i think zombies should be adjusted though. at least some of them should be weaker than they are.

still, as long as necromancers are treated as anathema by the living (that is, basically instant and total war any time one crops up) i think it's OK. as long as necromancers are fought, you can't really complain if they end up winning. because of the aforementioned superstrong limitless horde of fearless soldiers.
Pages: 1 [2]