Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 28023 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

!!DF 0.40.01 HIDDEN CONTENT AHEAD!!

So I found a vault.

It's an aboveground structure made entirely out of slade, with slade doors and slade levers. Inside it, I found a randomly generated race of sentient beings called "War's Champions", alongside a race of randomly generated nonsentient beings called "Warring Helpers", which were both obviously there to guard the structure, because they attacked me on sight. The War's Champions are equipped with items made of "multicolored metal" and various versions of "pale fabric".

Interestingly, the War's Champions description mentions that the race was created by the human goddess Istro the Blazes of Igniting.
Also, remember when I mentioned levers? Yeah, there were slade levers scattered about inside the vault. When I pulled one of them, I heard "distant grinding". I have no idea what it actually did, because I kinda died too soon to find out.

Here's some screenshots of my endeavors.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:46:26 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] Vaults [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »

So these must be the fabled demon sites Toady has talked about...
Welp, I guess this is the HFS for adventurers.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

I just found one - on the top level was a Warring Soldier Axe Lord, and on the second level was one of the same plus a creature called a Bujit's Servant that killed me in pretty quick order. I'm guessing that Bujit is a god or demon, but I haven't been to Legends to find out yet.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Starwing

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:56 pm »

In legends mode you can find locations of these vaults and "Underworld Spires". And any idea if those divine metals are better than adamantine?

LinovaA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:24:49 pm »

And any idea if those divine metals are better than adamantine?

Sounds like a job for !!SCIENCE!!

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:30 pm »

Can someone try to find out what the monsters here are guarding?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:52:04 pm »

Can someone try to find out what the monsters here are guarding?
From what Toady said, it is a slab of some sort.
._.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »

What do vaults look like on the map? We must discover what the slabs at the bottom do, FOR SCIENCE!

I suspect it will unleash the forces of hell upon the world in some way, but we'll see.

Also, what will we call the new HFS? Carnies for the guards and "the carnival" for the vaults?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:01:31 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »

Has anyone managed to get into an underworld spire yet?

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 05:33:39 pm »

On the Travel map, a 3x3 black square with a smaller square within. For more info, someone will have to find one and then grind a superwarrior and entourage.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »

What do vaults look like on the map? We must discover what the slabs at the bottom do, FOR SCIENCE!

I suspect it will unleash the forces of hell upon the world in some way, but we'll see.

Also, what will we call the new HFS? Carnies for the guards and "the carnival" for the vaults?
The vaults and vault guardians sound neutral enough. You can always say it is some king's vault.
._.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:51 pm »

How about mimes?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 05:39:44 pm »

How about mimes?
How about we drop the clown analogies

they're now funny anymore and everybody who sees them immediately sees that there's something hiding

because there are no clown in the base game AT ALL

so clown naming system fails at actually hiding spoilers

just my 2 cents
._.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »

Okay, I modded myself invincible and went into my vault again. After about fifty chambers, twenty-three War's Champions, fourty-four Warring Helpers, and an insane amount of backtracking to get all the fricking levers in the right positions (each one is hooked up to vertical bars, but somehow always at least 20 chambers further, and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to immediately pull each lever I find, but now I think it's better to pull every lever you find), I found a goddamn dead end.

It appears to be a glitch in connectivity though, since the lever in the last room makes noises in a part of the vault I definitely never visited before, and in fact there's so much space left in the vault there could be at least another hundred rooms, and since the dungeon is completely linear, you basically need to kill 200 overpowered creatures in a row to get to the end.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:55:36 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »

Okay, I modded myself invincible and went into my vault again. After about fifty chambers, twenty-three War's Champions, fourty-four Warring Helpers, and an insane amount of backtracking to get all the fricking levers in the right positions (each one is hooked up to vertical bars, but somehow always at least 20 chambers further, and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to immediately pull each lever I find, but now I think it's better to pull every lever you find), I found a goddamn dead end. It appears to be a glitch in connectivity though, since the lever in the last room makes noises in a part of the vault I definitely never visited before, and in fact there's so much space left in the vault there could be at least another hundred rooms, and since the dungeon is completely linear, you basically need to kill 200 overpowered creatures in a row to get to the end.
That sounds like an ultimate adventurer challenge.
._.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9