Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 28082 times)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

Given the raws, I will be happy to work out the properties of divine cloth both theoretically and experimentally.  Is "divine cloth" actually used to make fabric clothes, or is it armor?  If it is fabric, then the protection offered will be very small (I think).  Even adamantine cloth offers almost no protection from attacks.  The only way I am aware of fabric offering significant protection is on demons, where due to their huge size and a bug with scaling of clothes the layer thickness of cloth becomes too large for most weapons to penetrate. 

Then again, I haven't actually tested to see if cloth is capable of slowing or deflecting weak attacks, so I can definitely look into that.  The only thing I ever tried was putting clothes on under armor, and found that they offered no additional protection against vanilla bolts/arrows, but nothing does anything against vanilla projectiles so that doesn't really prove anything.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2014, 11:03:09 am »

Divine cloth is used to make clothing, not armor. As far as I know, divine beings do not wear any armor at all.

Clothes do provide some protection against weak attacks - as a kobold, I often have to wrestle off someone's hood before I stab their head.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2014, 09:25:01 am »

Since I don't have an account, would somebody else be so kind as to create a DFWiki page for these things? Just the basic "massive spoilers" warning and a quick summary of where they're found and the three orders will do for a start.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »

I went through two vaults, and found two things:

1. Only one had an accessible slab
2. Both had assistants and a beast each, but neither had soldiers

I'm quite certain there can be instances of inaccessible slabs, but is there any reason why neither of my vaults had soldiers in them?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2014, 03:29:50 pm »

Given the raws, I will be happy to work out the properties of divine cloth both theoretically and experimentally.  Is "divine cloth" actually used to make fabric clothes, or is it armor?  If it is fabric, then the protection offered will be very small (I think).  Even adamantine cloth offers almost no protection from attacks.  The only way I am aware of fabric offering significant protection is on demons, where due to their huge size and a bug with scaling of clothes the layer thickness of cloth becomes too large for most weapons to penetrate. 

Then again, I haven't actually tested to see if cloth is capable of slowing or deflecting weak attacks, so I can definitely look into that.  The only thing I ever tried was putting clothes on under armor, and found that they offered no additional protection against vanilla bolts/arrows, but nothing does anything against vanilla projectiles so that doesn't really prove anything.

Unless things have changed, cloth is crap against edged weapons because the flexibility token caps the SHEAR values so that even wood weapons can cut it, and cloth is also junk against blunt weapons because the flexibility token and high strain values allow blunt bypass for the most part.

The clothing is probably extremely valuable and would have some trade usage.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]