Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 28083 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 11:07:06 pm »

Here's a little raw easter egg (though you could find it if you wanted to play as fluffy wamblers):

[GAIT:WALK:Stumble Bumble:1600:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STEALTH_SLOWS:25]
   [GAIT:WALK:Wamble:2900:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STEALTH_SLOWS:25]
   [GAIT:CRAWL:Crawl:5900:NO_BUILD_UP:0]
   [GAIT:CLIMB:Climb:5900:NO_BUILD_UP:0]
Finally, Fluffy Wamblers that actually wamble.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 11:08:52 pm »

Actually combat has improved a little.

For example I believe undead no longer just "Die from lots of damage" since it is now possible to crush bodies into lumps of gore. Allowing Blunt weapons to actually do serious damage beyond just "breaking bones".

It does make large undead pretty much a wall but you can take them.

So the new materials being able to take down a bronze colossus would likely be because you no longer NEED to decapitate it.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:53 am »

I suppose you could make 10 dwarfs 5 decked out in the new random stuff and 5 in Adamantine and see who wins.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] Vaults [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:36 am »

I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 02:29:26 am »

Note - you might want to put a couple of points into reading when you gen your character. Who wants to slog through hundreds of godlike enemies clad in indestructible armour only to find that the slab is undecipherable......
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:45 am »

Note - you might want to put a couple of points into reading when you gen your character. Who wants to slog through hundreds of godlike enemies clad in indestructible armour only to find that the slab is undecipherable......
You mean you don't already haul those heavy slabs from necromancer towers back to an easily accessible town so all future adventurers will have easier access to armies of undead townsfolk?  ;D
Surely this will be no different.

But, yeah, reading, oddly enough, is a must. For me.
Take a closer look at this text!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:01 am »

Alright, I went and explored two more vaults. First of all, I can confirm that no levers need to stay on the "off" position, so you can pull all levers you encounter. Second, the vault is not exactly linear, but almost linear, usually with one or two short branches ending in levers that open vertical bars you met earlier.

In the first vault, I actually found a slab at the end. It didn't do anything at all. In the second vault, there was another dead end (without any signs of connectivity issues), but I found some nice rooms that had incredibly inclined floors.

Screenshots!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 06:44:49 am »

So this is the same world where I have my insane adventurer lord...
I made fun of this guy's name once, but he's basically the final boss of this world, if this legends page is anything to go by.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:39 am »

Quick hypothesis, would appreciate it if I could get further confirmation or a counter-example. When a demon is summoned by a god after "contemplating" a specific sphere, the demon will have an association to that sphere.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 08:11:18 am »

I found Valve HQ!

24: Mapisesi, "Cradleshoots", vault
   Owner: The Disgusting Persuaders, Guardians of The Sweat
   25 Guardians of The Sweat
   50 Minions of Gabe
   1 Siti's Doom

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:32 am »

I found Valve HQ!
   1 Siti's Doom
Sounds like a boss. Wonder how tough it is?
._.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:59 am »

Vaults always begin with exactly that population. I believe the single guy dies if you run worldgen too long, but I actually fought two of those bosses. They didn't actually appear at the end of the vault (probably due to engine limitations in proper creature placement), but somewhere in the middle. I didn't actually find out if they're harder than the other residents, because I was kinda superpowered, but I guess they probably are.

By the way, has anyone found out what's inside goblin dark fortresses?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 08:38:11 am »

I just finished exploring a vault. Then decided to wait 1 hour, as last time that got me teleported back to the surface. Seems like it procedurally re-generated, and now I'm closed in by vertical bars.

Also, before that, I found the slab. Stuck in a wall. In the first open chamber part.
The vault was a bit branched, not that linear. I had to open one set of vertical bars to get to a lever to open another set. Which lead to an open room with an elevated area in the middle of it. I guess that's where the slab SHOULD have been.
In addition, I ventured in with a previous adventurer who could bleed (but still had steel skin). He died when he jumped off the top of the structure he got teleported to. Nevermind that. Thing is, he found minions. This new adventurer didn't. No enemies whatsoever.

Pic of the slab in the wall before the structure regened.

I'll see if I can get out somehow.
EDIT: It's not generating again. I don't know if it didn't originally, but I'm sure the positions of the bars weren't there when I came in. Now I'm stuck though. Guess I'm the secret of the vault.

EDIT2: Had to abandon. I'm in a new area. Retainers of Ud (animals), Enforcers of Ud (weaponlords) and I've just found a "Protected Monster". How strong is the last one (which is one of those unique enemies)? It managed (with a lucky hit) to kick off one of my fingers. Mind you, I'm playing what is practically an Adamantine Colossus. Its other attacks glanced off, but all I can do is fracture his parts. These things are serious business.
I can't break the grasp of its wing on my thumb. Even with natural legendary skills and extreme stats and size. This thing is crazy and not dying or letting me go.

EDIT3: Summing up what I've found: Vaults have 3 types of enemies: Animal-type, Human-type, Monster-type. All procedurally generated, obviously. They are increasingly dangerous, though I've found animal-types to be somewhat more resilient then human-types. Human types have items of divine materials; a weapon, a shield and some clothing (divine cloth). They all weight >1 urist, and I believe elsewhere it was already stated that they are practically adamantine. Dangerous. I've actually crushed things with a shield, so I don't think the mace/hammerlord version should be underestimated.
The monster-type enemy is the most dangerous from what I've seen. The one I fought was insanely strong and tough. I'm going to say that breaking their grabs is damn near impossible, since my modded char couldn't break its hold (100x human size, extreme stats and skills, made of full adamantine). I'd advise evasion if possible.
Vaults seem to consistently penetrate the first cavern layer. Animals don't get inside, but you may encounter (giant) cave spider silk. Try to avoid it, as fighting the enemies as is will be challenging.
Finally, there are plenty of falls you need to watch out for, but thankfully, most of the time there are no enemies near such areas, except in one of the first few rooms of a vault.
Oh, and the slabs seem to do nothing. They are always located on an elevated platform somewhere near the end of the vault.

Pic of the layer where I found the slab. As a bonus, it looks like a toilet.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:16:42 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

siegebot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 07:05:00 pm »

So I did an uncompressed save of a world I generated and couldn't get any info on those new divine metals, but I DID get raws for those vault guardians.

Here's an example of one, presumably one of the "easy" ones; picked this one for an example because it has one of the most terrifying names to all of dwarfkind (and also since it bears a passing resemblance to an angel)

And here's what I assume to be a "hard" one.

Oh, and since those divine metals are usable in the Arena mode, I messed around with them and they appear to be disgustingly overpowered. As in "adamantine might be weak compared to them".

Here are the raws for new Metals, they are all the same except for name/sphere relation and are generally better than steel and worse than adamantite

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:18 pm »

Sounds like the genned metals are amazing for blunt weapons.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9