Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using Pheobus 0.34 with DF2014  (Read 5995 times)

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress
Using Pheobus 0.34 with DF2014
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »

*** Now out of date, go to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137096.0 for an up to date version of Pheobus ***

So I was impatient to use DF2014 with Pheobus and tried the old version of the tileset out with the new version of Dwarf Fortress.

Initially trees were not working correctly so I fiddled with it a bit and got it working. I've packaged the result up with Pheobus installed and working nicely with trees.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7zit70gkikl9ik/DF2014_with_Pheobus.zip

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The tileset assembler is included and worked perfectly for me.

The problem was overwriting the new RAWs with the old ones included in Pheobus, also running the init modifier bat broke things as well.

Note: Sand looks a little weird (the solid yellow walls in the first image) and roots and certain branches are displayed using gems. This isn't great but is just how the current tileset works. It still looks much nicer than empty, black space.

All credit goes to Pheobus http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137096.0 for the tileset. Just wanted to post this in its own thread so it didn't get buried in the Pheobus thread and people checking in can get started right away. I'll label this post as out of date as soon as Pheobus gets a proper update.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:41:59 pm by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Using Pheobus 0.34 with DF2014
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »

Good job

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:16:42 am »

Holy wow! Thanks for this; I'm not a regular user of Phoebus (I prefer Mayday) but I'm by no means an ASCIInaut. Works fine and is nicer than the headache-causing garble.

For Mac users, just copy the data and raw files into your DF folder.

Infyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:01 am »

Thanks for this !

Somehow this turned my humans into kobolds though, is this because I have used a pre-existing save from my own copy of .40.01 ?

Thanks again!

Edit: Seems this was the case, I genned a new world and now the humans are proper humans again  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:44:17 am by Infyra »

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:10 am »

Thanks for this !

Somehow this turned my humans into kobolds though, is this because I have used a pre-existing save from my own copy of .40.01 ?

Thanks again!

Edit: Seems this was the case, I genned a new world and now the humans are proper humans again  :)

My humans are humans but when you leave the room and can no longer see them their position/memory tile becomes a kobold silhouette rather than a human one.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:15 am »

Thanks bro