Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there an easier way to do this?  (Read 1038 times)

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there an easier way to do this?
« on: July 10, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »

I'm about halfway done alphabetizing language_words by hand, but it really, really sucks to do. Especially knowing I still have all of the racial language raws to do. I tried to use RAW alphabetizer, but it... didn't work out too well. I'd like to get this done before the bug fix cycle ends. Does anyone know of anything that would make this project less of a PITA, or (even better) have already fixed ones?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an easier way to do this?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »

With the way that it's set up I don't think there'd really be an easy way of doing it.
What happened when you tried using the RAW Alphabetizer?
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

language_words   ABATE   ABBEY   ABSOLUTE   ABYSMAL   ABYSS   ACCIDENT   ACE   ACHE   ACRID   ACT   ACTION   
ADMIRATION   ADMIRE   ADORE   ADULATE   ADVENTURE   AFFECTION   AFFLICT   AFTER   AGE   AGELESS

That's the simplest way I know to explain it. It goes on for way longer and treats the usage tags as items. They're all condensed down from the middle of the file.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:24:32 pm »

Hummn... Maybe copy it into another program that's a little better at operating line-by-line, then just copy it back at the end when you're done?

I did a very quick search and came up with http://alphabetizer.flap.tv/index.php, and it seems at my 3-line test to respect keeping things in their proper lines.  Googling for other alphabetizing programs would probably also be a good idea.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.