Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World Gen has entered a martial trace! v40.01  (Read 2752 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen has entered a martial trace! v40.01
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:50:31 pm »

My worldgen was left running while I went to work today. After a half hour, only 30 years had passed in worldgen.

Of course, it was "Large region", with max subregions enabled, max civs, with max curses, max megabeasts, max caves, etc...... Set to 10,000 years.

It should be quite entertaining when it finishes. Sadly, I am at work right now so cannot comment further. Only that on such a worldgen, it was going snails pace slow, on an i7 with 8gb of RAM. (Linux)

aelystur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

I had noticed larger worlds seemed to take quite a while to gen.  When I did small ones  they zip along.

When I went to bed, I set a max everything world gen. , when I got up, and took a look.. It was at year 500 or so. And was taking so long the game was being reported as not responding.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 07:13:46 pm »

I’ve had a reasonable performance on worldgen. However, lots of crashes, both on windows and mac. It seems like when the number of sites increases over some number it gets a crash in the finalisation. Anyone else have that?

These are medium and large worlds I have been generating.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 07:21:22 pm »

Worldgen is slower for me and I'm running a FX8350 processor overclocked to 4.8 Ghz. At year 60 I was waiting 2 or 3 seconds for a year. Or maybe that's normal idk.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »

I have noticed that it is far easier to get into various ages now. I had one world with 10 ages of myth, which has never happened to me before.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]