Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did farming change?  (Read 806 times)

rj22497

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Did farming change?
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:04 pm »

I can only farm 4 plants underground, plump helmets, quarry bushes, sweet pods, and dimple cups. Does the game only show what plants you can actually plant because of the seeds that you have? That seems to be the only explanation I can think of, unless pig tails and such dont exist in my world

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Did farming change?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »

Pretty sure it was that way in 0.34.11 so if you don't have pig tail seeds and such they wouldn't show up.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Did farming change?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:12 pm »

Farming did not change, per se, but the INTERFACE did.

It is currently bugged so that it only shows for all 4 seasons whatever plants you are able to plant right now. So in the spring, you can't plant pig tails, since they are a summer and autumn crop. But unlike before, when you switch to summer on the field menu, it doesn't switch to show you the summer crops. it just keeps showing you what you can plant right now.

If you wait until summer, it will show you THEN what you are able to plant THEN. And similarly, it will look as if it tells you you're allowed to plant them in spring as well, even though you couldn't (I don't know what happens if you tell it to enable spring in the summer and then wait till next spring, whether it would indeed allow you to plant! hmm)

It's quite annoying and confusing, but hopefully he'll patch it. It doesn't actually change planting seasons, but it makes it harder to pre-set-up your fields. Or remember what the hell's going on.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.