Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 435828 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1125 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:33 am »

Yup humans get a law-giver, and just about everything else is procedurally genned or whatnot.
  Ive seen humans appointed warloard of a civ, Holy Nut of  church, and everything in between.  The humans of DF seem to prefer church leaders with vaguely sexual puns for titles.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 08, 2015, 05:43:45 pm »

For some reason, when I ported a file from 40.19 to 40.23 my dwarves stopped using barrels completely, resulting in tons of rotten food.  They never ever get the store in barrel job, nor even the store item in stockpile job.  The food pretty much vanishes until I see it again rotten in the refuse piles.  I think it started around the time I ordered a bunch of booze to be brewed, but I'm not sure.  It definitely isn't for lack of barrels, and there isn't anything weird on the orders screen.

What do?

Edit:  they literally aren't even picking the plants or meat up.  This could end up making the game unplayable.  Also removing all stockpile links and deconstruction of the still didn't help a whit.  Literally nothing has helped.

edit:edit: redesign acting the main stockpile fixed it, disregard this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:30:38 pm by Badger Storm »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:10 am »

Quick stockpile question.

I'm using a finished goods stockpile with a 'take from' link to a leather workshop. Dwarves are dumping finished goods in there from anywhere. Did I do something wrong, or is it a bug?
()==[:::::::::::::>

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 09, 2015, 08:11:42 am »

Quick stockpile question.

I'm using a finished goods stockpile with a 'take from' link to a leather workshop. Dwarves are dumping finished goods in there from anywhere. Did I do something wrong, or is it a bug?

Did you also toggle the 'Take from links/anywhere' option?

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 09, 2015, 08:22:10 am »

Would I need a new save if I updated to .40.23 from 40.19? Also, would Phoebus be compatible?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 09, 2015, 08:50:49 am »

Would I need a new save if I updated to .40.23 from 40.19? Also, would Phoebus be compatible?
Not really, and yes.

Phoebus has a new version out already. Install that over a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24 (or use the pre-installed package from Phoebus). Copy your save over, and don't forget to use the 'df_savegame_updater'. It should work out OK. If you want more details, post in Phoebus' thread.

Whoops. It was the "I did something wrong" option, then.

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 09, 2015, 08:54:10 am »

Not really, and yes.

Phoebus has a new version out already. Install that over a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24 (or use the pre-installed package from Phoebus). Copy your save over, and don't forget to use the 'df_savegame_updater'. It should work out OK. If you want more details, post in Phoebus' thread.

Whoops. It was the "I did something wrong" option, then.

Awesome. Thanks dude!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »

In complete honesty, I am not happy with 40.23 at all.

1. My fishermen, despite having the fish cleaning labor, never ever get any mussels or pond turtles.  When I type in region-pops list on DFHack, neither of them show up.  They are both in the raws.

2.  I put a farming plot outside.  When I mouse over it, it claims there are "no seeds available for this location" when there is a barrel full of seeds, including outdoor seeds.  Inside seeds I can plant just fine, though it appears that the farmers don't bring the barrels to the plots.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 09, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »

2.  I put a farming plot outside.  When I mouse over it, it claims there are "no seeds available for this location" when there is a barrel full of seeds, including outdoor seeds.
What's happening there is that your fortress is overlapping an inhospitable biome. Mountain, for example. There are no 'mountain' farm plants so none of your seeds can be used there. Usually it is just a matter of placing your farm in the right area.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:23 pm »

Yeah, I just figured that out.  Both of those plots were on the mountainside.  Hopefully the shrubland part of the embark should prove more fruitful.

Nothing on the shells though.  I fear I'm going to have to make a wolverine or badger pit to dispose of all migrants who fancy shells.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 09, 2015, 06:10:06 pm »

Its just whatever region they live in.
  Go into the raws and increase their frequency/biomes.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 09, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »

It already says 100% frequency and any ocean/lake/river.  I had this issue in a shrubland biome too, so it's not just the mountains.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »

I was drowning in mussels a few embarks ago.
  Its also notable that frequency isn't a percent; its a ratio weight.  I bet all the vermin aqualife has Frequency:100.  It may be luck of the draw.
PKs DF Mod!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 09, 2015, 07:36:31 pm »

Before this version, I had no trouble at all getting shelled animals from any place, ever.  What's more, they aren't being shown in region-pops list.  In region-pops list-all, there are only around 14000 mussels and absolutely no oysters or pond turtles at all.  There's no way that something isn't going wrong.

(Incidentally, how do you report bugs on mantis?  Is an account necessary?)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 09, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »

Yea.  Just sign up for an easy-to-start account and describe the bug in the fields provided.  More info is better, but try to keep it organized and easy to read.
  http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

Good things to have are links to pictures, saves uploaded somewhere, or how to reproduce the bug.  They may ask you questions, and you won't know unless you check.  But otherwise they'll either sort it out or confirm its not a bug.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 268