Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 441376 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 08, 2015, 01:26:22 pm »

Actually, wiki says only animals, but some stuff not even in game e.g. iguanas.
One wheel short of a wagon

CometStrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 08, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »

Next question  ::)
Iīve ordered some "copper chains" to be forged. I have 3 forges, an ample supply of fuel and copper and at least 2 dwarves each with furnace operating, armoring, weaponsmithing, blacksmithing and metalcrafting active (according to the wiki, metalcrafting seems to be the correct job). The forge does not have a specific profile, no burrow is active and all other jobs before were performed as expected. Jobs at the other forges are performed normally. A few electrum crafts were also made earlier. However, no one ever makes those chains. What else could I check to find out why this is the case?
Apparently, one just has to rant long enough and finally UristMcSlow decides the wait has been long enough and starts with the chains.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:13:22 pm by CometStrike »

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 08, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

Chains are made by a metal-crafter, as are most small trinkets and "tools". (Blacksmithing makes most furniture (not chains, nor animal traps). "Metalsmith" is a profession, not a labor/skill.)

Iīve ordered some "copper chains" to be forged.

You "ordered" this at the forge itself, not thru the Manager, right? (If the latter, then it may take some time for him to organize things if you have a very busy fort). 

Most other labors turned off for the smiths in question.

Make sure you didn't somehow [f]orbid the stone/block that the forge was built with.

Sometimes the job gets lost (for lack of a better term) - try re-inputing a new "make chain" order, and hitting [n] to jump it to the top of the queue.

SiO2win

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 09, 2015, 09:14:54 pm »

Alligator have killed my useless fisherdwarf and legendary clothmaker. Their corpses lay on the bottom of a huge cavern murky pull. I have engraved the names of the heroes, but anyway, I want to bury them properly. Is there any way to do it not too complicated? Seems due to tree crown, screw pump does not work close to the corpses. Also I do not want to dry the whole pull out.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 09, 2015, 09:24:16 pm »

You need to get the water down to no deeper than a mix of 3/7 and 4/7 to even have a chance to recover them with dwarfs. (You can toggle how you view liquids - somewhere, forget how. But easy w/ DFHack - twaterlvl.)

If it's a murky pool, you could drain it and then patch the drain (with floor) and then refill it - it might even be better than "murky" after you're done!

If the pool is filling from off-map - a LOT tougher.

Seems due to tree crown, screw pump does not work close to the corpses.

Not sure what you mean here. Screw pumps are not affected by items (like corpses).

SiO2win

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 10, 2015, 05:54:14 am »

Not sure what you mean here. Screw pumps are not affected by items (like corpses).
Its not an item. Cave underwater trees generate few "brunches" levels above a water surface. It allows to walk over it and also blocks any water related activity like fishing, or pumping. I have choped the tree. Sure the price was a dwarf woodcutter sacrifice to the Drowned God.
If it's a murky pool, you could drain it and then patch the drain (with floor) and then refill it - it might even be better than "murky" after you're done!

If the pool is filling from off-map - a LOT tougher.
Yeah, seems only magma have a chance to do it safe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:53:35 am by SiO2win »

CometStrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:36 am »

In the last 3 migration waves I saw that the babies coming along were puking all the way into the fortress. Their health screen didnīt show anything amiss and I didnīt see them being treated while in the fortress. What could be the reason for this? And does it have any consequence other than 3 trails of vomit leading from the entrance of my fortress to different edges of the map?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 10, 2015, 09:41:13 am »

They could just be normal, non-psychotic/emotionless/hyperintelligent puking babies. But this is DF, so we can probably safely ignore that option.

Consequences? None, except that the toads will visit you.

SiO2win

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 10, 2015, 11:41:24 am »

Ok, I have tried to isolate deadly part of my cave pull by a constructed walls cave in. When I send the miner to dig out an unused rump around a cap of tower-cap, it apparently happened... No the walls were still floating in the air. The mushroom-tree, had crashed down. Does all the mushroom-trees sticked to the ceiling?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:52:53 am by SiO2win »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 10, 2015, 11:45:31 am »

I get this, only like 1 log from mushrooms... I think it's a thing, but I'm not sure...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 10, 2015, 01:10:44 pm »

Double post, as I have a question: if I designate a corpses stockpile on top of a FB corpse, will I be able to order it butchered from anywhere?

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 13, 2015, 08:37:19 am »

I have a minecart magma loading facility that works perfectly when pushing minecarts in a 2-tile straight track ramp pit (with 7 magma) ... now I have tried many variations to gain similar speed starting from a minecart going at just below 50k, but to no avail. Even if arguably slower than a pushed one, it does not take magma. What happens here?

CometStrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 13, 2015, 10:46:29 am »

In my most recent wave of migrants two dwarves are reported to have lost their vision by Dwarf Therapist. However, neither in the wounds screen of those dwarves nor in the health screen anything hinting to impaired vision can be found. Also, they go about their jobs without any issue as far as I can tell until now. Is this a possible bug in DT or does it know more than is shown in the game?
Somehow related: can I somehow look up the "health record" of all dwarves (i.e. when was a diagnosis ordered and done, what was found, what was done)?

edit: Iīve just noticed that Iīve designated one of the possibly blind dwarves mining duty and this is not carried out. So DT may be right. But why is there no sign of this ingame?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:04:33 am by CometStrike »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1738 on: June 13, 2015, 10:51:38 am »

The 'History' screen in the medical section thing should do that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

CometStrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 14, 2015, 03:37:01 am »

Hm, I donīt have a history screen there, does that mean that there is no history as of yet (I currently donīt have a save where I could look this up with definately injured dwarves) ?
Also, how would I have been able to find out about the loss of vision without Dwarf Therapist?

edit: hm, now that Iīve reloaded, DT stopped showing the vision loss. Iīll try to get them to do some real work that they didnīt do last time
edit2: they now go about mining, doing mechanics and cooking, so I guess they are healthy. Must have been a bug in DT, then...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:40:46 am by CometStrike »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 268