Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 435652 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:04 pm »

Is it know to what extent world-gen proceeds during play? For example, can deity curses be handed out, potentially bringing vampires/werebeasts back into a world where they had previously been eradicated?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »

Is it possible to melt frozen water, with/out magma?
Wiki says you can cave-in ice to make water.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Glacier#Dwarven_Ice_Cutting

Someone stated in a post elsewhere here that they were able to spit at people with their adventurer.

Is he full of shit or can you actually do that? It's not in dialogue, nor is it something you (f)ire or (t)hrow. I'm leaning towards BS.
Meanwhile, over in the adventure mode board...
Quick question, how do you spit on people?
It's in the x menu under natural abilities or something like that.  Same place where dragonbreath and stuff like that is accessed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:43:33 pm by kingubu »
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39:24 pm »

Someone stated in a post elsewhere here that they were able to spit at people with their adventurer.

Is he full of shit or can you actually do that? It's not in dialogue, nor is it something you (f)ire or (t)hrow. I'm leaning towards BS.
Meanwhile, over in the adventure mode board...
Quick question, how do you spit on people?
It's in the x menu under natural abilities or something like that.  Same place where dragonbreath and stuff like that is accessed.
[/quote]

I didn't even think to check in the reactions table. Nice.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 11:05:38 pm »

Why, even though I have a proper weapon and shield, do I mostly kick, punch, and bite people when I use the default attack? I've tried changing my combat settings to 'strike', 'close combat', etc. with no luck.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 05:37:30 am »

Why, even though I have a proper weapon and shield, do I mostly kick, punch, and bite people when I use the default attack? I've tried changing my combat settings to 'strike', 'close combat', etc. with no luck.

Odds are your weapon and shield are strapped to your back. Try pressing "q" to unsheath your weapon and shield. When you're walking around town be sure the put them away with the same key so NPCs don't freak out.

For my question, has anyone tried out any of the traps? I heard somewhere that they've been horribly nerfed but I haven't gotten around to verifying that for myself.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 07:27:38 am »

It's possible that your skill in striking/wrestling/kicking/biting is higher than your weapon skill. I had the same problem in the arena when I set dwarves to grandmaster everything. They didn't use their weapons much, sometimes not at all. Still managed to almost beat a dragon senseless with good enough equipment and luck, but that's not part of this discussion, is it? Heh...

Yep, it's also worth checking the bottom right of the screen. It should list your weapon. It's possible you dropped it or sheathed it by pressing q, as Lemunde said. (Easy to check in another way, press A (shift+a) and see if you have your weapon listed in ways to attack.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

Anyone know how to turn off Aquifers ?

Dwarf Fortress Starter pack is the easiest.
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 01:57:47 pm »

I am playing as an Outsider, and whenever I try to claim a place, instead of getting the group name screen, I just say "I have forgotten my bold pronouncement."

What gives?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:21 pm »

I am playing as an Outsider, and whenever I try to claim a place, instead of getting the group name screen, I just say "I have forgotten my bold pronouncement."

What gives?

I believe it's because you're a complete stranger. Try going out and killing megabeasts/doing quests, then apply. Don't forget to spread rumours about how cool you are and talk to people.
It might also be that outsiders can't have claims, but that's highly unlikely.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

How many items can an armor/weapon stand hold?

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »

press (x) when in adventure mode - spit an option is under natural abilities i think, should be the 3rd option down iirc.
Haven't tried it yet though.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »

press (x) when in adventure mode - spit an option is under natural abilities i think, should be the 3rd option down iirc.
Haven't tried it yet though.

Yeah its in natural abilities

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »

Is it intentional or a bug that farm plots now show only the current season's crops, regardless of which season you're selecting crops for?

... and also hey do we know how/where to plant the new garden vegetables yet? I'm guessing above ground but I haven't been able to check that yet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:05:29 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »

The farm-plots are supposed to be fixed by the next release.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »

What is the thrice damned point of bucklers?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 268