Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 431245 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3375 on: December 09, 2017, 12:35:42 pm »

Adventurer claimed sites will probably register as camps at most, so no, I dont think you could trade with it, and i dont belive it would be listed either. (though you possibly could send a squad there, i dont know about that).

There are many reasons why your dwarves might not me hauling stuff. a stockpile with wheelbarrows will only have as many haulers as wheelbarrows. you ruled out hauling disabled, so thats not a problem... it also depends on the type of hauling job i think: bring item to depot or burring a corpse is almost always done by someone, and so are most linked stockpiles (i think). on that note, check that your stockpiles are linked properly/not linked at all, and that there is nothing scarry or dangerous between the dwarves and the items. thats all I can think of right now.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 09, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »

Adventurer claimed sites will probably register as camps at most, so no, I dont think you could trade with it, and i dont belive it would be listed either. (though you possibly could send a squad there, i dont know about that).

There are many reasons why your dwarves might not me hauling stuff. a stockpile with wheelbarrows will only have as many haulers as wheelbarrows. you ruled out hauling disabled, so thats not a problem... it also depends on the type of hauling job i think: bring item to depot or burring a corpse is almost always done by someone, and so are most linked stockpiles (i think). on that note, check that your stockpiles are linked properly/not linked at all, and that there is nothing scarry or dangerous between the dwarves and the items. thats all I can think of right now.

Barely made it to the other coast to test this and then BAM!, the game crashed.

Wheelbarrows are off at least for some of the stockpiles. Items are mostly stones and wooden logs lying around the map. Main stockpiles aren't linked and there isn't anything scary I know of on the map.
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 15, 2017, 02:57:09 pm »

After searching through the forums without finding anything: what does "exact match" in the uniforms screen do? Do they pick up, say, leather armor even though I specified metal armor if its on "partial match"?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 15, 2017, 03:03:14 pm »

After searching through the forums without finding anything: what does "exact match" in the uniforms screen do? Do they pick up, say, leather armor even though I specified metal armor if its on "partial match"?
partial match means if you said to use iron breastplates but there are no more iron breastplates they will use what ever breastplate is left

exact match means that if there is no iron breastplates they will not wear any breastplate until an iron one is available
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 15, 2017, 09:10:24 pm »

Can I send my dwarves out on a raid and have them just massacre everyone they find? The first time I tried the general "raid this site" mission they just went in, freed some prisoners, and came back.

I apologize for the somewhat genocidal question but my latest world has an island entirely populated by elves. I'm sure you understand.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 15, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »

Oh, and a second question: When the manager checks to see if, say, there's at least 10 plump helmets available, does that check the entire fortress, or can I limit it to checking stockpiles/burrows linked to the workshop?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 16, 2017, 08:26:54 am »

Oh, and a second question: When the manager checks to see if, say, there's at least 10 plump helmets available, does that check the entire fortress, or can I limit it to checking stockpiles/burrows linked to the workshop?
If you add the work order at the specific workshop that is linked to those stockpiles, it will be limited to stockpiles/burrows linked to the workshop.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 16, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »

If you add the work order at the specific workshop that is linked to those stockpiles, it will be limited to stockpiles/burrows linked to the workshop.
Is that really true? Sounds useful if that is the case, but I have my doubts.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 17, 2017, 08:56:43 am »

Is that really true? Sounds useful if that is the case, but I have my doubts.
It is not true... I thought it was, because a smelt-it-if-it-arrives-in-the-stockpile system has been working without job-cancel spam.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 17, 2017, 09:52:26 am »

Can I send my dwarves out on a raid and have them just massacre everyone they find? The first time I tried the general "raid this site" mission they just went in, freed some prisoners, and came back.

I apologize for the somewhat genocidal question but my latest world has an island entirely populated by elves. I'm sure you understand.

Oh, we understand. In my head, there is already an invasion plan for one of the two elven civs in my world ;) as of now, raids are somewhat "tame" in comparison too the rest of the game, at least from what I hear. While there is a chance that a few elves might be killed, the general concern of your raiding dwarves seems to be prisoners and artefacts (and books). I'd suggest trying to send squads one at the time, instead of sending them all on the same mission, then come back and tell us how that worked out. Or start a "kill the hippies" science thread ;)

By the way, loving your name! ;)

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 18, 2017, 06:01:05 am »

I am embarking in areas where my neighbours are goblins, humans and elves, however in my last two forts I haven't had any goblins turn up at all after several years, and my current fort hasn't had human traders either.  Previous forts with tower neighbours have given me undead sieges every time. 

Also none of my military dwarves will equip their boots, what's up with that?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 18, 2017, 09:49:43 am »

I am embarking in areas where my neighbours are goblins, humans and elves, however in my last two forts I haven't had any goblins turn up at all after several years, and my current fort hasn't had human traders either.  Previous forts with tower neighbours have given me undead sieges every time. 

I believe goblins are slightly bugged in that they don't always attack.

Also none of my military dwarves will equip their boots, what's up with that?
If you use replace clothing they should equip the boots, it could also be that they already have boots so set a specific [M]aterial instead of just whatever boots they can grab
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 18, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »

I believe goblins are slightly bugged in that they don't always attack.

Damn. 

If you use replace clothing they should equip the boots, it could also be that they already have boots so set a specific [M]aterial instead of just whatever boots they can grab

They are set to metal uniform.  They removed their cloth caps to equip helms.  I will have them unequip everything to see if that works.

Thanks for the help.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 25, 2017, 09:13:11 pm »

Do temples work better if they have a performer assigned ?

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: January 05, 2018, 01:46:20 pm »

next fort well be above ground because I don't like how easy it is to wall off everything and not even need forges or military; will the thousands of blocks permanently placed in constructions have a significant fps impact? population will be low, soft 24 strict 120, possibly less.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 268