Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 435742 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3390 on: January 06, 2018, 03:04:04 am »

Blocks shouldn't add too much drag on the FPS, as far as I know. The main items that hit your FPS are clothing, because they calculate wear every tick.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:14 pm »

Will offsite raids respect were-status? I've put my two wereape dwarves into a squad and they've returned with spoils three times. They are unarmed and with no weapons.. Just luck?

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:25 am »

How can I check the age of my caged Minotaur?

Assuming I have LazyNewPack with DFHack enabled, how long do clothes last before entering the first stage of "xWearx"?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:15:39 am by Encrtia »
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 12, 2018, 12:42:51 pm »

Assuming I have LazyNewPack with DFHack enabled, how long do clothes last before entering the first stage of "xWearx"?
here are two ways

1. check the legends. just look up the name of the minotaur and it should give a birth date

2. build a statue, there is an option to look at specific events the minotaur were in. this should give you a very rough estimate of how old it is

if the minotaur doesn't have a name then you can't check it
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 12, 2018, 01:04:03 pm »

here are two ways

1. check the legends. just look up the name of the minotaur and it should give a birth date

2. build a statue, there is an option to look at specific events the minotaur were in. this should give you a very rough estimate of how old it is

if the minotaur doesn't have a name then you can't check it

Oh. That's a pity.. I was actually wanting to check this Great Horned Owl Man's age, but went with Minotaur for simplicity as I have one as well (& was curious). Thanks

Edit: In addition to my previous question (quoted below), how can I make necromancer's raise the dead in my fortress to train on? I have them behind a fortificaiton, but they don't raise anything I put near them (hair, bones, skeletons, etc.)

Assuming I DFHack enabled, how long do clothes last before entering the first stage of "xWearx"?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:45:30 pm by Encrtia »
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:58 pm »

Hrm, should we actually make a new thread for the new version? I think probably, but I don't wanna be the one to move away from a long-running beloved thread XD

So thus my question (in 44.04): I currently have a work order set up (well, multiples of them) to make new clothes of various types whenever I'm under a certain number of them, and when I have enough of the specific type of thread to leave me with a few in case of moods/restocking the hospital.

One question that I *think* I know the answer to: does it count clothes currently claimed/being worn by dwarfs toward this number? I'm thinking no, but I wanted to double-check to make sure.

My main question though: is there some way to add a condition to the order to make more clothes if there are fewer than a certain number of "pristine" (for lack of a better term) clothes available? I mean, if I have all xpig tail cloakx or Xllama wool trousersX or whatever, I'd like it to make more fresh clothes, but I don't think there's any way to designate that. (It doesn't help that I think of that as the clothing "condition," and that kind of gets tangled in my mind with the work order "conditions.")

If worst comes to worst I can wait for the next caravan and unload all my worn-down clothes onto it, and keep doing that each time a caravan comes (that doesn't get canceled cause oh hey siege), but that is not something that I look forward to.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 14, 2018, 11:50:22 pm »

Ok so I sent away two wereape dwarves on missions to keep them from infecting my fortress. While they were away, I added a third to the squad, and he wandered offsite as well. Now they've not come back after two seasons.

Have I borked the mission by adding recruits to the mission while it was underway, or have they all died and if so, when should I expect a report?

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: January 18, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »

Ok I upgraded to the latest version and managed to call back my two squads (one travelling and one not). I'm glad to have all my military returned!

But my wereape squad is still travelling after three seasons. I can't disband or call them back. Will I ever get notifications? Could I somehow track them down in adventure mode?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 21, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »

Is there any way to configure stockpiles to accept only empty bags?  I set up a stockpile to accept only bags and only those made of cloth, yarn or leather.  The stockpile ended up filled with bags of seeds, even though seeds are disabled on the stockpile.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 21, 2018, 03:03:15 pm »

In dfhack console with unit selected
Code: [Select]
gui/unit-info-viewer
alternatively, if you need to go deeper
Code: [Select]
gui/gm-editor

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 21, 2018, 03:49:33 pm »

Is there any way to configure stockpiles to accept only empty bags?  I set up a stockpile to accept only bags and only those made of cloth, yarn or leather.  The stockpile ended up filled with bags of seeds, even though seeds are disabled on the stockpile.
The problem is that the seeds travel to empty bags, regardless of where those are. The solution is to create a seed stockpile somewhere and after a bag receives seeds, it will be taken from your bag stockpile and brought to the seed stockpile. Once a seed stockpile has a bag for each seed type, it should be where the seeds are sent to and seeds will stop clogging up your empty bag stockpile.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #3401 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:54 pm »

Last time I checked, plaster powders don't have an associated stockpile, so those will always end up in Empty Bag stockpiles.

Related question: I know there are macros for loading and saving stockpile settings in dfhack. Is there a download of those saved stockpiles anywhere? Preferably ones that sort by industry?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:56:17 am by Romeofalling »

Juan117

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 21, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »

Hey guys ,am playing DF 44.05 and i cant find the way to designate a room as my dining hall from my table,has it changed or been removed ?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 21, 2018, 08:06:18 pm »

Hey guys ,am playing DF 44.05 and i cant find the way to designate a room as my dining hall from my table,has it changed or been removed ?

It should be the same way as always. Once you set up the room, press "h" to designate a Meeting Hall (it switches <N> to <Y> ).
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 21, 2018, 09:31:12 pm »

The problem is that the seeds travel to empty bags, regardless of where those are. The solution is to create a seed stockpile somewhere and after a bag receives seeds, it will be taken from your bag stockpile and brought to the seed stockpile. Once a seed stockpile has a bag for each seed type, it should be where the seeds are sent to and seeds will stop clogging up your empty bag stockpile.

Interesting, but that definitely makes sense.  Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 268