Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 431257 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3540 on: November 06, 2018, 01:52:53 pm »

As far as I know you can't sell animals at the caravan yet. Something about dwarves letting said animals out of their cage when told to haul it to the depot. Being big does help in battle so I guess guard duty is the better option if you aren't short on meat/bones.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: November 06, 2018, 02:18:21 pm »

I recall I once sold a cage with an undead boar skull in it to the elves.

Wiki claims that only untameable creatures cannot be sold, so a draltha should be fine.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

JazzMano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: November 06, 2018, 02:29:14 pm »

Thank you again, I will try to sell it so but for now i have to deal with a whereape, let's try to make it fly with my bridge :D

A lot of time when i zoom on something from the statu menu or when i hit esc fro a menu i got a black screen only on the gameplay window (so not on the right panel) and i have to hit TAB multiple time or alt+tab for the normal view to come back, does anyone know how to deal whit this issue ? I use laznewpack with the meph tileset.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:37:16 pm by JazzMano »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 06, 2018, 02:44:07 pm »

@JazzMano
If you do not need the draltha for meat, instead of selling it, you can tame it. They live for 20-30 years, so they are good pets if a dwarf likes them (but pasture it or the dwarf will be feeding it all the time). If no dwarf takes the draltha as a pet, then you can pasture it (hope to cage another draltha so you can breed them) or butcher it (one of your dwarfs might like draltha meat).
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

JazzMano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: November 06, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »

Is it safe to keep a creature of this size as a pet or near other animals/paturages ? It's the size of an elephant !

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: November 06, 2018, 03:37:08 pm »

It is safe and it will not accidentally step on a dwarf.

If your embark is in an evil re-animating biome, then it is *not* safe.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

JazzMano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: November 06, 2018, 04:00:03 pm »

Ok thank you i will tame it, i like the idea anyway :P

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: November 20, 2018, 04:29:01 pm »

Q:  Doctors (or patients) like to leave cloth, thread, and sometimes soap just lying on the floor or bed of the hospital.  Does this interfere with the usage of said resources or of the bed or operating table that has stuff on it?  Dumping doesn't seem to clear it up.  I haven't tried shutting down the hospital, dumping it, claiming it, and then re-opening.

Q:  Do dense crowds and high traffic contribute to grumpy dwarves?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: November 20, 2018, 04:56:10 pm »

Not sure about the first one, but for the second one, no, dense crowds don't directly lead to grumpy dwarves.  The only effect would be delaying dwarves getting to food or whatever, which probably never matters in practice.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: November 22, 2018, 05:33:29 pm »

Q:  Doctors (or patients) like to leave cloth, thread, and sometimes soap just lying on the floor or bed of the hospital.  Does this interfere with the usage of said resources or of the bed or operating table that has stuff on it?  Dumping doesn't seem to clear it up. I haven't tried shutting down the hospital, dumping it, claiming it, and then re-opening.
It will not interfere with the use of those items and those items will not be used for weaving, bathing, or mitten-making just because they are not in the hospital's storage container. Once the hospital is set up, it "owns" those items even if there is no storage container. The value of a hospital storage container is that the dwarfs put all the items in it, cleaning up the visual clutter and keeping it nearby, but that type of job is probably low on the priority list.

Tarqeq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: November 26, 2018, 10:58:04 pm »

I had an interesting first summer in my new fort.

7 dwarven migrants, 4 of the group dream of ruling the world, 5 have goblin names.

Is this trait more common with goblins? Did my civ's ethics get changed due to exposure?

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: November 27, 2018, 09:36:09 am »

Id imagine they are one of the following:

Migrants from a dwarven site that was temporarely occupied by goblins. During the occupation the dwarves changed thee values and newborn dwarves got goblin names.

Migrants from a goblin site, that is now occupied by your civ. Some dwarves originaly migrated to the site before your civ occupied it, and are now migrating to your site.

Rescued citizens, who were kidnapped by goblins and indoctrinated.

These are not hard facts though, just guesses.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: November 30, 2018, 09:35:10 am »

I built a cage to serve as a jail after my latest fortress had its first destructive tantrum and I wanted to avoid the vandal being beaten to death.  I built a cage, designated it a jail, for use for justice, great. 

Now, a bunch of dwarves are hanging around it.  I checked to see if it was possibly set as a Meeting Hall, but no, it was not.  Do dwarves just like to gather near jails?

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: November 30, 2018, 09:39:21 am »

As far as I know you can't sell animals at the caravan yet. Something about dwarves letting said animals out of their cage when told to haul it to the depot. Being big does help in battle so I guess guard duty is the better option if you aren't short on meat/bones.

I think you can still sell tame creatures, but untame creatures (which includes untamable creatures like goblins) will slip out.

Source:  I haven't tested this at all.

sketchesofpayne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 01, 2018, 01:41:46 pm »

I built a cage to serve as a jail after my latest fortress had its first destructive tantrum and I wanted to avoid the vandal being beaten to death.  I built a cage, designated it a jail, for use for justice, great. 

Now, a bunch of dwarves are hanging around it.  I checked to see if it was possibly set as a Meeting Hall, but no, it was not.  Do dwarves just like to gather near jails?
Some dwarves will loiter around hospitals and jails for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 268