Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268]

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 434350 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #4005 on: April 30, 2020, 06:59:06 pm »

I'm building a luxury prison (first time for more than a basic one). 
My question is, how do I encourage filling up the 3 squares of food stockpiles in each cell?
The prison is 12 z-levels and about 30 squares away from the normal food stockpiles at the dining room.
If I can get them to fill the stockpiles then I can lock the main prison door to keep them from eating it all before a prisoner is incarcerated.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: April 30, 2020, 07:05:08 pm »

I regularly fill small food stockpiles scattered all over the fort.  I just have a main food stockpile by the kitchens, and it's set to give to all the others.  As long as the main one is kept from running empty, the rest are always topped off.  I also have at least 1 dwarf who only has food hauling enabled. 

Edit: The full time food hauler started to prevent prepared meals from rotting in the kitchens, but keeping the other food stocks full is a fairly full time job too.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:07:20 pm by Schmaven »

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: April 30, 2020, 07:15:05 pm »

I regularly fill small food stockpiles scattered all over the fort.  I just have a main food stockpile by the kitchens, and it's set to give to all the others.  As long as the main one is kept from running empty, the rest are always topped off.  I also have at least 1 dwarf who only has food hauling enabled. 

Edit: The full time food hauler started to prevent prepared meals from rotting in the kitchens, but keeping the other food stocks full is a fairly full time job too.
Duh!  Why didn't I think of doing the "give" thing?  It's something I do in other cases. Thanks!
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268]