Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440107 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1500 on: April 11, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

I have all of my cats pastured outside in a 3x3 square, yet there have been no kittens. What's up with that?

E:
Quite a few puppies, though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:16:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 11, 2015, 01:59:20 pm »

I have all of my cats pastured outside in a 3x3 square, yet there have been no kittens. What's up with that?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Breeding

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 12, 2015, 10:41:06 am »

Anyone have experience with the 'No Liason. How curious..' message?

I've googled a bit and it seems it comes only when no one in your civ is left alive is left to be liason or when the liason is killed enroute.

I've had it come for 3 years in a row now without ever seeing one since start. I don't think it could be the first of those reasons as my civ is quite healthy with 7 barons of sub-factions within my civ. A bit unlikey that a liason would be killed enroute 3 times in a row when the caravans seem to come well-manned and intact is it not? Even envoys to Leonidas would have had higher survival rate.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 12, 2015, 12:06:06 pm »

One of my Dwarfs have this odd dream. Have you ever seen such a dream? And how do I fullfill that dream?

Yeah, I've seen it before.  It's one of the dreams that can't be realized yet, unfortunately.  Not every dream can be fulfilled right now: mastering a skill and having a family are examples of dreams that can be realized now.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 12, 2015, 12:24:26 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Breeding
That doesn't answer my question. It's all OK.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1505 on: April 12, 2015, 01:27:38 pm »

Your issue is probably caused by the massive outstanding bug - i.e. that 25% of animals are reproductively unviable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:08 am »

Your issue is probably caused by the massive outstanding bug - i.e. that 25% of animals are reproductively unviable.
Which is in short caused by something like "your tomcats are interested only in other tomcats" thus no kittens.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 13, 2015, 03:24:39 pm »

Which is in short caused by something like "your tomcats are interested only in other tomcats" thus no kittens.

No. As the wiki page clearly states, 20% of critters will not reproduce due to "commitment issues" (i.e. they are not willing to marry). Only 5% of critters will not reproduce because of their sexuality.

tahu16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 14, 2015, 04:51:17 am »

1)Will embarking near a Necromancer tower (or more) ensure the siege amount of the previous versions for, well... let's say 10 years. Are these sieges coming regularly? I heard that many times they are visiting only once, and never come back ever, is this true?

2)Will embarking in a world with ONLY goblin civilizations alive ensure the siege amount of the previous versions? (Of course, right in front of their towns)

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 14, 2015, 10:34:57 am »

Just had my first dwarf fall into a depression. What is a good way to bring them out of it, assuming it's possible?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 14, 2015, 09:49:04 pm »

No. As the wiki page clearly states, 20% of critters will not reproduce due to "commitment issues" (i.e. they are not willing to marry). Only 5% of critters will not reproduce because of their sexuality.
Thankfully it seems though that female egglayers will still lay even if they have issues.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 15, 2015, 01:43:44 am »

Quick question for quick reply, probably been ask before a thousand times: Is it planned to lead sieges one day? Like designate  dwarfs with siege weapons, war animals and supplies to attack another site?
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 15, 2015, 02:08:19 am »

yeah, right near the bottom of the page here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 15, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

yeah, right near the bottom of the page here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html
Totally forgot about the dev goals page . Thanks! So many things to look forward to. :)
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

3x3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 15, 2015, 11:38:56 am »

My dorfs are not placing bones, tissues, etc in its respective piles. Are they sensitive to dead things or somethings?.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 268