Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440203 times)

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1785 on: June 23, 2015, 04:09:31 pm »

I didnīt watch the dwarves doing it, but while a dusting/pile of mud is left in the bathtub, they did clean the blood, the water is clean again...

I've just opened a cavern with lots of bodies inside. Now I had to dig a little breach to allow my miner to come back out, however several dwarves went to retrieve some body parts before I could close the cavern again. I immediately gave the order to "ignore bodies", but they went on anyway. How can I make them stop instantaneously? Forbidding everything in the caverns (and undo after closing the breach)? Any other method?

In the "U"nit screan, you should have a "cancel job" button.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 24, 2015, 03:45:38 am »

I didnīt watch the dwarves doing it, but while a dusting/pile of mud is left in the bathtub, they did clean the blood, the water is clean again...

I've just opened a cavern with lots of bodies inside. Now I had to dig a little breach to allow my miner to come back out, however several dwarves went to retrieve some body parts before I could close the cavern again. I immediately gave the order to "ignore bodies", but they went on anyway. How can I make them stop instantaneously? Forbidding everything in the caverns (and undo after closing the breach)? Any other method?
In the "U"nit screan, you should have a "cancel job" button.
If that doesn't work then use a Civilian Alert.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 24, 2015, 04:37:17 am »

...But I don't understand why cave moss doesn't grow?...

Did the spore contamination mechanic changed my any chance? Or is there additional prerequisite than simply breaching the caverns that I don't know about?

I popped the caverns and stuff started to grow everywhere almost immediately.

Did you mod anything?

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
bridges during cave in
« Reply #1788 on: June 25, 2015, 09:52:47 am »

Will a retracted or raised bridge be destroyed by a cave in falling through the space it occupies in the non-retracted state?

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »

How do you get growths off of whole plants? For example, how do I take strawberries off of the strawberry plant? Also, how do I check what version I have? I downloaded dwarf fortress with a mod.
Edit: Also, 2 of my dwarves are not feeling anything about good things happening to them. They include a miner and an axedwarf. Why is this?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:04:04 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bridges during cave in
« Reply #1790 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:29 pm »

Will a retracted or raised bridge be destroyed by a cave in falling through the space it occupies in the non-retracted state?

Yes.

How do you get growths off of whole plants? For example, how do I take strawberries off of the strawberry plant?

Your dwarves will automatically harvest one of the usable products of a crop. If they choose to pick the plants and discard the berries there's currently nothing you can do about it (except remove the [EDIBLE] tag from the strawberry plant in the raws).

Also, how do I check what version I have?

The version number is shown in the lower right corner of the title screen (e.g. "v0.40.24").

Edit: Also, 2 of my dwarves are not feeling anything about good things happening to them. Why is this?

Emotions are influenced by personalities... some dwarves are just prone to gloom and doom. You can coddle them with "safe" jobs to minimize their negative thoughts, or just recruit them to "welcome" the next uninvited guest.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 26, 2015, 06:19:15 am »

Is there way to sort out sand in stockpiles? I am unable to find it in any menu.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 26, 2015, 02:18:54 pm »

How to increase the amount of text shown in a menu?

I'm trying to make a trifle pewter block, and the text is cut off so the options are indistinguishable. Using TrueType didn't make a difference. 
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 26, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

Is there way to sort out sand in stockpiles? I am unable to find it in any menu.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Sand

<Tab> can increase the size of the side menu. If you still can't see all the text, you can use the manager interface to assign the correct job.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 26, 2015, 04:18:05 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Sand

Tab worked! Everything is awesome!
<Tab> can increase the size of the side menu. If you still can't see all the text, you can use the manager interface to assign the correct job.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 26, 2015, 08:31:45 pm »

Why are my dwarves so fast? They have mined out a lot, and it is only midsummer. I do not remember dwarves being do fast in 0.34. Are they running, now that running has been implemented, or have I just forgot the speed of dwarves?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:36:12 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1796 on: June 27, 2015, 01:33:08 am »

Dwarves dig sand quickly, that might be it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 27, 2015, 04:18:48 am »

When they mine sand and clay they are pretty fast, when they mine other stuff they aren't.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:12 am »

They have been mining in sand some, but mostly in stone. One of my miners is now legendary, and it is only early autumn.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:23 am »

So i read that a champion will train my military.
But how does it exactly work? Does the champion need to be in a squad?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 268