Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 431303 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3180 on: March 21, 2017, 10:03:55 pm »

1. yes

2. not sure, should test

MushyToaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 24, 2017, 05:58:49 pm »

My dwarves aren't taking any drinking utensils from the chests I put in the tavern. Are they reserved for guests/visitors or something?

sunrakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 24, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

Yep, if I'm not mistaken those goblets are only used to serve drinks to the patrons  by a barkeeper or a performer if you have them appointed.

In my forts, I simply ban mugs and goblets from all finished goods stockpiles. As a result, since the dwarves drop these items when they are done with them, they end up right where they need to be, on the booze stockpiles.  ;D

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: March 25, 2017, 10:48:58 am »

In last DF versions, I had plenty of goblin sieges, but no any ambushes. Are they disabled? Is there a way to bring them back?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 25, 2017, 11:55:57 am »

A dwarfs lungs just randomly stopped working and he suffocated. There was no combat report or anything... Does anyone have a clue what it might have been?

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:00 pm »

A dwarfs lungs just randomly stopped working and he suffocated. There was no combat report or anything... Does anyone have a clue what it might have been?
Alcohol poisoning?

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 25, 2017, 06:48:48 pm »

They choked on their own vomit due to drinking too much, most likely. I have had that happen, but I saved that dwarf through cheating: using the dfhack command clean all removed the vomit from her lungs and she could breathe again. And went right back to drinking.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: March 25, 2017, 07:13:30 pm »

They choked on their own vomit due to drinking too much, most likely. I have had that happen, but I saved that dwarf through cheating: using the dfhack command clean all removed the vomit from her lungs and she could breathe again. And went right back to drinking.

What? How?! I.. what?

Sorry. I'm still processing that Dwarves aren't actually immune to alcohol...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:15:08 pm by Nikita »

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: March 26, 2017, 06:30:59 am »

What? How?! I.. what?

Sorry. I'm still processing that Dwarves aren't actually immune to alcohol...

Wild, right?

As far as I know though, this can only happen in taverns with an over-eager tavern keeper who just won't stop serving drinks. You might want to unassign them, or like, assign a dwarf who can't walk or something.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: March 26, 2017, 07:59:09 am »

Can groups become CIVs?

MushyToaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: March 26, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »

Yep, if I'm not mistaken those goblets are only used to serve drinks to the patrons  by a barkeeper or a performer if you have them appointed.

In my forts, I simply ban mugs and goblets from all finished goods stockpiles. As a result, since the dwarves drop these items when they are done with them, they end up right where they need to be, on the booze stockpiles.  ;D
Ah, okay. That's a splendid idea! Of course, if only these now pesky humans would leave the fort..

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: March 26, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

Wild, right?

As far as I know though, this can only happen in taverns with an over-eager tavern keeper who just won't stop serving drinks. You might want to unassign them, or like, assign a dwarf who can't walk or something.

Okay, I've unassigned the barkeep (after two more corpses mysteriously appeared with claystone mugs in their hands). Will see if the problem goes away.

Another question/problem: A siege of goblins came, but immediately half of them left the map. The other half came at me and was slain, but the "siege" flag is still on. The units screen isn't showing any hostiles. Is this a bug?

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:45 pm »

Built ramps have a floor under them, right?

I'm building the roof of my castle, and trying to figure out if:
WRW
WRW
WRW
WRW
will in fact block flyers from getting in from above.  (I have lots of keapeople and harpy problems).

(top down view, W = wall and R = ramp).

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: March 30, 2017, 07:32:39 am »

Elves brought some giant animals in their caravan, including a giant alligator. How good this thing is? Should I butcher it or keep? Giant alligators can't be trained for war, but will they attack invaders?

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 30, 2017, 03:10:28 pm »

Elves brought some giant animals in their caravan, including a giant alligator. How good this thing is? Should I butcher it or keep?
Keep it for eggs if female; butvher for lotsa leather etc if male (or hope for a female next time to set up a breeding stock)
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 268