Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tool to generate text tilesets  (Read 26975 times)

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tool to generate text tilesets
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03:26 am »

Great tool! Is it possible to load local fonts on OS X?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:38:09 am by PopTart »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:01 am »

Great tool! Is it possible to load local fonts on OS X?

Yes, you should be able to specify local font names as they appear in Font Book.app. Just press enter after changing font name.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 03:45:01 am »

Works good for all fonts except this one called G.B.BOOT Regular. Maybe the punctuation is messing it up.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:35 am »

Man. I really like a tileset with Interstate.

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 09:25:15 pm »

Didn't really follow the need for this tool, always using just whatever font came with the tilesets. Ran this over Ubuntu Mono at 20pt, and am completely thrilled with the result.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 09:18:25 pm »

(Win7 x64) Could not get this tool to work.

When attempting to load a locally installed font,

-on Firefox (54.0.1 x32): it does not detect the font, but does allow the image to be downloaded when you click the link (but you'll just get a default font, not the one specified).
-on IE (11.0.9600.18665): it detects the correct font, but when you click the download link the page just loads eternally and doesn't give you the file.

The font is called "SMW2: Yoshi's Island" and is utterly adorable. It's the font used for the JollyBastion tileset.

Thank you for creating this tool, but I am sad that it isn't working for me. :( I don't have Chrome.

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 09:43:40 pm »

-on Firefox (54.0.1 x32): it does not detect the font, but does allow the image to be downloaded when you click the link (but you'll just get a default font, not the one specified).
-on IE (11.0.9600.18665): it detects the correct font, but when you click the download link the page just loads eternally and doesn't give you the file.

Try again now in FF. First set the font name, it won't appear straight away, change font size or press any button to update preview.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2017, 09:48:05 pm »

Oh! You absolute star, whatever you did fixed the issue. It worked. Thank you so much! :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 2 [3]