Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Habit RPG  (Read 35095 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Habit RPG
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 12:14:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

Getting on the bandwagon before we leave the station!

Same name as here, here's to hoping shit gets done now :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

I joined the guild as Kassire, so far it seems pretty neat.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 12:25:58 pm »

For a wonder, Arx isn't taken yet. I may as well try this for all the little things I really ought to do more often.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

Same name as here, joining the guild.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »

Joined the guild as smirk. Will most likely be a slow leveler, unless/until my tasks get more specific. Generality doesn't breed XP.

Seconding both the book and exercise challenge ideas. Already have a lot of the first, and need to formalize the second. "Bookkeeper" and "Danger Room", maybe?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »

This already seems to be working good for habits at least.   I drink too much soda.

I put a positive habit of drinking an entire bottle of water (I have an old soda bottle that I fill with tap water), and I put a negative habit of finishing off a 12 pack of soda cans. 

I usually go through 4 or 5 cans of soda per day.  Yesterday I drank a total of 2 cans of dr pepper, and 2 bottles of water.  Today I'm at 1 can of soda and I'm halfway through a water bottle.   I've drank more water in a day and a half than I've drank in months.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

This already seems to be working good for habits at least.   I drink too much soda.

I put a positive habit of drinking an entire bottle of water (I have an old soda bottle that I fill with tap water), and I put a negative habit of finishing off a 12 pack of soda cans. 

I usually go through 4 or 5 cans of soda per day.  Yesterday I drank a total of 2 cans of dr pepper, and 2 bottles of water.  Today I'm at 1 can of soda and I'm halfway through a water bottle.   I've drank more water in a day and a half than I've drank in months.
That's a lot of soda.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 02:15:43 pm »

That sounds like a recipe for diabetes. I'll be rooting for you to kick that awful habit!

By the way, I've sent out party invitations to some of you, but it should be noted that the game doesn't seem to have much of a notification system. We'll have to manually check the party and guild screens (both under Social) to see activity.

I'm kind of mushy-brained today on account of not sleeping much last night and having to deal with the tax office this morning, so I won't be doing much else today. But tomorrow I'll definitely get working on some challenges, as well as the book club thread I totally didn't forget about... ; )

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 04:16:04 am »

I find it hard to stay motivated and this seems like a novel way to address it. Maybe I would clean my place more regularly if I lived in a skinner box. I'm just leery about privacy concerns. Archiving bad habits and day to day activities on a internet server sounds like a bad idea.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 04:26:30 am »

I'm pretty sure they clean them out regularly. And there's no personal information associated with these accounts, other than your email. If you're really worried, just make a throwaway email address to sign up with. They've never contacted me after the initial account activation.

Also, the book club is up and running, and the first Twelfth Bay challenge has been issued. I can't find a way to link to it, so just search "bookkeeper" and you'll find it. Join up, and let's get started!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 04:38:35 am »

I find it hard to stay motivated and this seems like a novel way to address it. Maybe I would clean my place more regularly if I lived in a skinner box. I'm just leery about privacy concerns. Archiving bad habits and day to day activities on a internet server sounds like a bad idea.
If you're really paranoid about it, just give creative names to habits. "Staring into the void" can easily stand for TV binging. "Staving off the inexorable advance of entropy" can indicate cleanliness issues. It only has to have meaning to you to keep you motivated.
Besides, epic names make it all feel more gamey(for example, look at "the way of the ninja" public challenge).

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 04:47:41 am »

I was thinking about that, actually. I phrased everything of mine to be ambiguous enough that I know what it is, but anyone else would think something along the lines of "he's high and it's 2 a.m."

If you're really paranoid about it, just give creative names to habits. "Staring into the void" can easily stand for TV binging. "Staving off the inexorable advance of entropy" can indicate cleanliness issues. It only has to have meaning to you to keep you motivated.
Besides, epic names make it all feel more gamey(for example, look at "the way of the ninja" public challenge).
+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 07:25:15 am »

Made myself an account on this. It seems... fairly useful, actually. I imagine I'll get a lot more done nowadays.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 09:54:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:19 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31