Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: what is 2014's doomanimal?  (Read 13777 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what is 2014's doomanimal?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »

I already posted that.
Didn't think to post the image though.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 09:50:10 pm »

Let's face it: DF(7+7) / DFIWI didn't give us a doomanimal. It gave us conversation instead. I'm a little angry.

...You could, I suppose, argue that it also gave us doomtrees. I don't care one way or the other.

*spits*

Actually, now that I think about it, the conversation system is the true King of Beasts. One of the options, in the original release, killed you on the spot. The thing is inevitably terrifying. It is buggy, like 40d elephants of aggressive doom. It can stop you from doing anything ever again. It leads to people spitting on you, which, extensive testing could likely reveal, could end up being weaponized.

CONVERSATIONS ARE DOOM
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »

I don't recall elephants being aggressive in 40d. You might be thinking of the old Flat Fortress / Boatmurdered elephants, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »

...inevitably terrifying...
Why must you do this? WHY?

siegebot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 10:18:15 pm »

Anything big ebough with blunt attacks, the new gore/pulp system makes oneshotting possible even if you didn't get hit in the head. I've seen bronze colossus pulping dwarf upper body throuhg iron armor in one hit.
Actually I've even seen heads pulping from grab.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »

It is sad but not unexpected
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »

It is sad but not unexpected

It was inevitable.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:48 am »

What is with all the 'It was inevitable.''s? I MUST KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THIS.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 01:59:44 am »

Anything big ebough with blunt attacks, the new gore/pulp system makes oneshotting possible even if you didn't get hit in the head. I've seen bronze colossus pulping dwarf upper body throuhg iron armor in one hit.
Actually I've even seen heads pulping from grab.

Yeah giant animals, particularly the undead ones are brutal which is actually pretty realistic. Try taking on a zombie gigantic tortoise. My dwarves got a very hardcore lesson in the new
pulping physics facing one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:47:24 am by Melting Sky »

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 02:45:41 am »

What is with all the 'It was inevitable.''s? I MUST KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THIS.

Play adventure mode for a bit.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:55 am »

I'm mostly afraid of the birds. They seem to have made an alliance with goblins I mean think about it. Gobbos attack, you send your military out to attack them and then... BANG! A bird hits a tree explodes in gore and your military dwarves run away in terror, and then the goblins slaughter the fortress. Although you could possibly exploit the terror exploding birds create and cage some wild birds then release them when sieged and as the birds blow up it frightens the invaders and the run away in terror.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 03:59:33 am »

It's like a mad scientist experimented on the kite-eating tree from Charlie Brown.
On the plus side, I won't have to worry about those god damn keas until the bug gets fixed. Embarked with the wagon under a tree and the flying kobolds tried to make off with my stuff. Big mistake.

That's terrific!
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:50 am »

In 40.1? Gravity. Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a b*tch in space, after all.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:04 am »

I'm really hoping that Skeletal Elephant and/or Whale wrestlers make another terrifying appearance. I don't think they ever actually went away, but it's been so long since I fought was horribly murdered by them that I've started to miss it.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7