Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Autism Intensifies - my little personal blog, describing region1 "Shagthoorna"  (Read 944 times)

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The main goal of this blog is too see  how many feels can a single person extract from a single World. Feels mining, yeah.

Shaqthoorna is a small freshly-generated 125-y.o. world. Other worldgen options are default, except the number of civilizations which I have set to "high".

The story starts with Gustem Secretdrunken - adorable young human, who knows little about the world outside, and is skillful in nothing but the art of swinging a sword. From my previous experience this story will not last for long, but even after Gustem's death we will have the whole world to explore... right?

My literary skills are pretty limited unfortunately. I'd like to improve, but it would be a long process etc etc. If you are looking for a beautifuly written story then this thread is not for you.

Gustem Secretdrunken woke up in the small human hamlet Skinnybolt early in the morning of Granite 25th, year 125 from World Creation.

Well, what can I say. This world is freaking huge. Oh, here, just look at this map:

But shh, don't tell anyone..of course there are bigger worlds, but even this "small one" - it's just huge enough for me. Skinnybolt - it's South-East. A warm region, right near the Enalmigur (The Prim Ocean) shores. I guess we could have try fishing or sailing here, if only we knew how to sail. Our peninsula - it has no name. But you know we have elves in there. Living in the north. An dwarves in the north-west, though these regions look gloomy - doubt I would make it till there. And then, when the peninsula ends - the Early Murk starts. There live dwarves and there you can find the goblin pits, but I am not going to make it till there.

No, we are gonna play it safe. Right to the south there is a town with a beautiful name Luteflower. Luteflower! I am going to be the lord of that place, yeah! Oh well, let's see how my day is about to start.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But first, look around your hometown! Surely there must be fellow youth eager to go on adventures. Then you can feel bad when they take crossbow bolts for you.

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah will do.

The hamlet is more like a ghetto. There may be around at least 200 hundred of citizens and definitely an insuficient amount of space. To say nothing about furniture. These people sleep on hay -gross!

Apparently the place is ruled by some sort of a worker's union:

So I was walking from house to house, peeking inside and looking for someone...at least armed, wondering if there are any capital buildings when I spotted that nasty creature - the little sneaky elf!

Now what the hell am I supposed to do? Gut him up? What if he does that first? Or maybe the elves are not...enemies. But I have already heard a story about some brave human gutting up the elf. I told I am planning to live a long life, so I think I should start with waiting and seeing what's gonna happen next. At least this fella has no bow.

PART TWO.

Welp. Apparently the elf is a she, and when she noticed Gustem got startled she greeted him first. She told a story of her being an officer to some elven overlord and that she was definitely looking for a way to die, and that greeting a random dude with a sword is probably the easiest way to do so. Wow, life must be really boring here. It's a pity I cannot ask much about her past but the elf - Evi Wirethisude, decided to join me. She is a spearwoman, and has no family to speak of. Maybe this is why she wants to die.

Some description of hers.
Golden hair, brown skin. Cannibal. Just what I need. And short ears. Ha!

And it was almost like everything was fine when suddenly. Wait a minute. Who are these guys and why do I feel uneasy?

PART 3.

WAIT A MINUTE WHAT DOES IT MEAN I MUST YIELD. EVI I THOUGH WE WERE FRIENDS. OH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~ DO I REALLY HAVE TO PLAY IT SAFE NOW? EAT THIS! ((Yeah I double checked, she screamed it to me))

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:13:41 pm by Gustem Secretdrunken »

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not trust the elf. I think I can wait for her friends to leave and then strangle her...

So I decided attacking her via wrestling but failed uttely and got stabbed by the spear. Apparently I wasn't a very great warrior after all...freaking elves.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:41:34 pm by Gustem Secretdrunken »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

PTW

Robbed by random elfs XD
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I just got killed by the very same elf lol.

Not even having a chance to leave the hamlet. That's a nice start. 'k, will start a new adventure a bit later, around the same region or village. Gonna post some Legends now.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was the bandit gang mentioned in the starting message. Any people who tell you they are on a mission and have weapons are bandits.

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evi apparently doesn't have much history behind her. She is from the first generation of elves and Gustem was her first kill. She is a member of The Mortal Belts. That is a human bandit gang, but for some reason it doesn't mention Evi at all. They are leaded by that dwarf which was mentioned right after character generation, btw. Huh.

Here is a bit of the hamlet's history. Apparently it's a safe place mostly, if we don't mention the gang robbing people randomly, and other freaky things which happen around the worlds all around the dwarf multiverse pretty casually.

Gosh that was bad...and I really overestimated my ability to fight against a properly generated creature, outside of arena.

Alev, when I heard about the bandits I thought like, "uhm, maybe I have to look for them". Had no idea they would literally walk around the hamlet. Huh.

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, apparently my region1 got somehow corrupted and I cannot start another adventure game. While starting a DF mode game seems to be ok. Meh. Is it a regular bug?

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if "regular bug" is a term that should be applied, but it has happened to me.  It also occasionally fixes itself somehow, if you lose a fort it might be good to go again.

Also I enjoyed your story, however short it may have been.  Keep it up!
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Gustem Secretdrunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, would be a shame to start a new region.