Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Kaiju-COM  (Read 21183 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-COM
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2014, 11:07:56 pm »

Guys, has anyone realized on the (can't find out the proper name, so I'll call it the 'Triangle) 'Triagnle (That is, Mobility, Firepower and Protection) that Protection would be practically useless? Modern tank armor would not be able to withstand a Kaiju attack, so why design armoured fighting vehicles with armor? Just something to consider.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:40 pm »

Guys, has anyone realized on the (can't find out the proper name, so I'll call it the 'Triangle) 'Triagnle (That is, Mobility, Firepower and Protection) that Protection would be practically useless? Modern tank armor would not be able to withstand a Kaiju attack, so why design armoured fighting vehicles with armor? Just something to consider.
Not all Kaiju are going to elbow drop your vehicles, some use projectiles, and protection from falling debris and thrown objects is pretty important as well. Tough vehicles leave more vital components to salvage and have a better chance of keeping their crew alive.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »

Not all Kaiju are going to elbow drop your vehicles, some use projectiles, and protection from falling debris and thrown objects is pretty important as well. Tough vehicles leave more vital components to salvage and have a better chance of keeping their crew alive.
Plus, just because modern tank armor on tanks isn't great against Kaiju doesn't mean the whole concept of armor is meaningless. Tanks that can withstand being stepped on by a Kaiju probably aren't easy to make, but they're probably not impossible either, and every bit of progress between the two adds a little more survivability or effort the Kaiju has to spend wiping them out.

As another example of this, you probably wouldn't consider mobility useless until it provides indefinite immunity, or firepower useless unless it can take out the Kaiju in one shot. Every little bit helps now, and tends to build bigger later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2014, 07:41:00 am »

Adam Janson

Born in Australia
Specialization:weapon design
Description: Hates kaijus because one killed his father. Designs anything that can kill them by any means neccsary.

"My name is Adam Janson. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
That was the idea.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:05 pm »

Adam Janson

Born in Australia
Description: Hates kaijus because one killed his father. Designs anything that can kill them by any means neccsary.

That was the idea.

Did that Kaiju, perchance, had 6 fingers on it's hand?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

Timmy Grant and the Kaiju Fighters

Purchase
1 General Laboratory.
2 More Busses
It's FEF, not FEOF

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:34 am »

Adam Janson

Born in Australia

That was the idea.

I think my father made a special sword for it.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:21 am »

Plus, just because modern tank armor on tanks isn't great against Kaiju doesn't mean the whole concept of armor is meaningless. Tanks that can withstand being stepped on by a Kaiju probably aren't easy to make, but they're probably not impossible either, and every bit of progress between the two adds a little more survivability or effort the Kaiju has to spend wiping them out.

As another example of this, you probably wouldn't consider mobility useless until it provides indefinite immunity, or firepower useless unless it can take out the Kaiju in one shot. Every little bit helps now, and tends to build bigger later.

It's probably a good idea to focus on mobility and firepower until such a time that we can have crush-proof tanks. Oscillating turrets and similar technology would enable mounting larger guns on a relatively smaller turret, enabling AFV's to be lighter while still maintaining firepower.

That is, until we build skyscraper-size tanks with the ability to crush the godless Kaiju scum from the face of our planet. ALL KAIJU SHALL BUUUUURRRN
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2014, 04:23:57 pm »

Adam Janson

Born in Australia

That was the idea.

I think my father made a special sword for it.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]