Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yet More modded minecraft!  (Read 2177 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Yet More modded minecraft!
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:31 pm »

My buddy runs a eu (i assume due to my lag from west coast us, not unplayable, just not single player speeds) minecraft server. it's very modded, using the AT Launcher's Resonant Rise pack. Resonant rise is currently 2.8.5 stable, 2.9 experimental, and runs 1.6.4. We use the stable latest on server. It's a mostly tech with plenty of magic too mod pack.

here is the list of mods:
http://www.atlauncher.com/pack/ResonantRise/

In spoiler due to long list and not current for server.

Basically, we run with most the optional mods too (one mini map, no irc, little things like that) and so far the server runs ok.
There are limited slots available, as i recall only 20 at a time for players. The server DOES have a whitelist, so I need your name to let you on.

Basic rules:
Don't be an ass please.
This is the Df comunity, and i trust you guys to be gentlemen (and women).
"I do prefer peaceful, so like no stealing from other players or griefing. Pranks on the other hand, well, I've got nothing against that at all" -server owner

So, yeah, post here if you're interested in joining and what's going on with you guys and such. OH, and server is 24/7

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Yet More modded minecraft!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:19:02 pm »

Mind making a modpack with all that in it? I know a few awesome exploits with a few of those mods which will allow me to produce practically infinite diamonds rather quickly. I'd be happy to join.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:30:47 pm »

I tried to read the mod list, but I was blinded by visions of my computer melting.

That said, I usually play singleplayer with ~120 mods, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »

I tried to read the mod list, but I was blinded by visions of my computer melting.

That said, I usually play singleplayer with ~120 mods, so it shouldn't be too bad.
I actually made a personal modpack that was quite similar. What's more, I got into it *before* the Yogscast started their modded series.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »

Infinite diamonds..? Only exploit i've found is free power once the system is up. Anyway, I don't own the server, only help admin it now, so I can't change the mods on personally.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:30:50 pm »

I actually made a personal modpack that was quite similar. What's more, I got into it *before* the Yogscast started their modded series.
The Yogscast modpacks are all full of irrelevant junk that can only be run on a computer the size of the sodding Empire State.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 03:36:08 pm »

I agree, the mod packs are a little bloated, but a lot of it i enjoy too much to ask for less