Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doing the two week advancement without starting anything  (Read 1436 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Doing the two week advancement without starting anything
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:56 am »

Quote from: 07/21/2014 DevLog
The faster calendar is also good because it starts to open the door for optionally longer wait periods and other stuff like that.
So this kind of thing is definitely on Toady's radar.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »

Quote from: 07/21/2014 DevLog
The faster calendar is also good because it starts to open the door for optionally longer wait periods and other stuff like that.
So this kind of thing is definitely on Toady's radar.
Related ideas include choosing a safe area and telling your adventurer to train for the next x weeks.  No more pointless hours grinding of ambusher, knapper, and thrower only to die as soon as you take up a quest!  You could also tell your adventurer to wait for something interesting to happen.  you could setup camp in a choke point and challenge armies as they pass through.
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:21 am »

Related ideas include choosing a safe area and telling your adventurer to train for the next x weeks.  No more pointless hours grinding of ambusher, knapper, and thrower only to die as soon as you take up a quest!  You could also tell your adventurer to wait for something interesting to happen.  you could setup camp in a choke point and challenge armies as they pass through.

I like that idea!
*scribble scribble*

Yes?
Pages: 1 [2]