Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spoiler weapons  (Read 5012 times)

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spoiler weapons
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:51:57 am »

I've seen reference to randomly generated weapons in a couple of the vault threads. Does anyone know if they're only spawned in the vaults? When I first read about them, I was kind of hoping that they could be used by normal races too. It might be interesting to see if they could be modded to be culture specific.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:00 am »

So far, they only have been found in vaults. It is unknown, if they can be created during moods.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 12:23:54 am »

So far, they only have been found in vaults. It is unknown, if they can be created during moods.

I had a strange mood dwarf make a "Sleek Mitten." Make of that what you will.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:53:19 am »

...Square Pewter Breastplate. Worth 15k urists. What. Not to mention Feather tree egg yolk (5).

Could it be that artifact creation process is altered? Moar randomness ahoy. (Egg yolks weren't artifact, just found sitting in my trade depot.)

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:31:40 am »

Feather trees have eggs now? :D
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Saram-61-97-kon

• Bay Watcher
  • cum hoc ergo propter hoc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 08:02:54 am »

Is it known, which properties the new weapons and armor have?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:38:15 am »

Didn't Toady say that these new metals/weapons were somehow migrating out?
Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140216.msg5455666#msg5455666
I'm guessing kobolds might steal some too, they steal a lot of stuff from vaults.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140091.msg5455993#msg5455993

They are immensely powerful, great for blunt weapons, but also terrifying as edged ones.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Saram-61-97-kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140091.msg5455993#msg5455993

They are immensely powerful, great for blunt weapons, but also terrifying as edged ones.
Yes, I´ve read this before, but I mean weapon specific properties like contact area and size.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 02:24:49 pm »

Ah. yes. Sorry.

Well, I haven't found anything on that and it's hard to run tests with the weapons being so hard to get.
My theory is that the weapons have similar characteristics to orginal weapons, with the adjectives behaving as modifiers (i.e.: thin spears would have a smaller contact area).
The characteristics definitely can't be random. It might also be a percentage modification to the base weapon's stats.
If only I know how to get their raws from the files.  :(
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Saram-61-97-kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »

Sad, but expected :/

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »

Is it possible to melt and remake stuff out of the new weapons, or is it impossible/they become normal metal.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:42 pm »

Is it possible to melt and remake stuff out of the new weapons, or is it impossible/they become normal metal.

It has to be possible, the trick is getting someone to invade you who uses it (currently, there are no examples of that). I believe the weapons got out of the vaults, but not the materials.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 03:47:08 pm »

Anything that uses the metal-template (that is, anything with [IS_METAL]) can be melted down, and in fact, they should retain their original material.  This can happen even if the metal doesn't belong the knowledge of your entity - if you have elves with "metal" weapons defined as metal (not wood, like masterwork), you can steal them and make your own items out of the same stuff.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

Could you embark on a Vault to get those weapons? Also how many of the Vaulties sport Weapons/Armor/Stuff made from the divines?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

Could you embark on a Vault to get those weapons? Also how many of the Vaulties sport Weapons/Armor/Stuff made from the divines?

I believe, all of the angels wield divine materials.  It's a part of what makes them so dauntingly powerful.

EDIT: Actually, not all of them wear divine weapons and armor. Apparently only the "harder" angels do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:39:52 pm by samanato »
Pages: [1] 2