Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [Beta 7/30/14] - 0.40.X  (Read 36474 times)

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/18/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »

That's not a bad idea actually, smaller sites but more maybe?

Too bad the game doesn't let us do custom sites yet.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2014, 07:54:10 am »

New release coming this morning.

It includes Fire Dwarves and Wild Dwarves (yay!), as a note, all of these races are playable if you want to simply shift the CIV_CONTROLLABLE line to whatever you want. Since they use the same tile references as base dwarves when you play them with a tileset they'll use a generic dwarf tile colored their job color.

Changes:
-Implementation of Fire Dwarves and Wild Dwarves.
-Fire Dwarves are primitive and savage, they worship strength and warfare and love fighting.
-Wild Dwarves are also pretty primitive but not as savage, they worship nature and love hunting.
-Dark Dwarves now like fighting, a lot, they have deathwishes basically.
-Some personality shifts for some of the races.

Things to test for:
-Dark Dwarven babysnatchers/item thieves
-Sieges from custom races working properly
-Issues in naming

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4wmus6zynd7sep/Advanced%20Civilizations%207-23-2014.zip

-

Going to try to get Storm Dwarves and Stone Dwarves in for the next patch, and that'll round out Dwarves. All Dwarves still need their personalities, skin tones and hair styles done as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:49:27 am by Shadowclaimer »

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:48 am »

[Some stuff I got rid of because it was irrelevant and a lot of text]
On a similar note though the Fortress token is supposedly not used now, so I need to swap it to whatever Dwarves use now by default.
A friend and I did some testing with that token in the last version and despite what some people might say, it does work and it did cause the civil to live in castles. If I remember correctly though there were several oddities. Like I generated my only 1050 year world ever and despite them being really powerful, having a high reproduction rate, and having a maxage of around 500 to 1000 they were easily wiped out by elves around 550, though that's probably unrelated to the site type. The more important problem is that if you give them land holder nobles it causes the game to crash, other nobles are fine. I was unable to see it myself, but my friend said that when he went to one of their fortresses in adventurer mode all of them were soldiers. They might also have not built any new sites after the first one, or maybe they only built two more in 550 years, either way they definitely should have built more. So overall, you shouldn't have given them fortress sites anyway.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:39 am »

[Some stuff I got rid of because it was irrelevant and a lot of text]
On a similar note though the Fortress token is supposedly not used now, so I need to swap it to whatever Dwarves use now by default.
A friend and I did some testing with that token in the last version and despite what some people might say, it does work and it did cause the civil to live in castles. If I remember correctly though there were several oddities. Like I generated my only 1050 year world ever and despite them being really powerful, having a high reproduction rate, and having a maxage of around 500 to 1000 they were easily wiped out by elves around 550, though that's probably unrelated to the site type. The more important problem is that if you give them land holder nobles it causes the game to crash, other nobles are fine. I was unable to see it myself, but my friend said that when he went to one of their fortresses in adventurer mode all of them were soldiers. They might also have not built any new sites after the first one, or maybe they only built two more in 550 years, either way they definitely should have built more. So overall, you shouldn't have given them fortress sites anyway.

It was probably my assumption that "Fortress" was the token base Dwarves used back when I built the spreadsheet, the new Fortress-related stuff in the spreadsheet is going to copy whatever Dwarves use at base regardless.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/23/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2014, 06:06:47 am »

https://github.com/Shadowclaimer/Advanced_Civilizations

I've set up a Github for the mod so I can do changes while on the go and make sure there's no real conflicts between my work and home computer. You guys can also see work done in realtime as well as set up Issues such as naming problems you see or suggestions.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2014, 11:19:32 am »

Removed Ettins and Cyclops from the list, moved Ogres to the Giants category.

I also have shifted Goblins and Hobgoblins. Goblins are going small sized, Hobgoblins are medium. Both will have their own societies but Hobgoblin society uses Goblin laborers typically.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:08:44 pm by Shadowclaimer »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:50:31 am by Shadowclaimer »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/26/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 08:59:24 pm »

Plan was to have Stone Dwarves in today but ended up calling in sick for work today and sleeping in. Will try to have a release tomorrow with the Stone Dwarves available.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/26/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 07:51:12 am »

So I had the wrong download available for the Storm Dwarves version.. I just fixed the links.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [Beta 7/29/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »

7/29/2014 Release
Changes:
-Added biome spawn data for all of the dwarves to make them a bit more unique instead of focusing just on mountains

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7woiqzwji66tjhn/Advanced_Civilizations%207-29-2014.zip

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [Beta 7/30/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2014, 05:16:19 am »

7/30/2014
Changes:
-Stone Dwarves added

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfcbt5chact4f5v/Advanced_Civilizations%207-30-2014.zip

Stone Dwarves default civ playable, so you can actually remove the normal Dwarves entirely as Stone Dwarves basically are the same thing with minor changes. Its worth noting all of the races released will be playable so you can enjoy playing as ANY of the dwarven civilizations.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:28:46 am by Shadowclaimer »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2014, 08:37:55 am »

Decided to add two new nobles to all the civilizations, both doing the same job basically.

The two are the Priest/High Priest roles. Each site can have a Priest, but there is only one High Priest per civilization. They carry the Religion responsibility which means they'll provide information on the various cults and such in your fort. They'll also have the Meet Workers tag that the Mayor/Expedition Lead do, so they'll go around and talk with sad workers and try to cheer them up.

Started filling in some examples of names for the various priesthoods and such on the nobles page.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:40:44 am by Shadowclaimer »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2014, 05:12:58 am »

I really like the look of this mod, and in general am fully supportive of your principles. I.E., something akin to Masterwork but not quite as heavy handed and more modular.

In your intro post you say:
opening up new and unique play opportunities for people who want to try out new ways to play the game besides dwarves.

Does this mean your mod allows you to play as other races? Is that just in Adventure Mode, or also Fortress Mode? Is this a planned feature, at all?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:27 am »

playing with other races is very easy:just go to the entities of the race you want to play with,and add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2014, 08:05:03 am »

playing with other races is very easy:just go to the entities of the race you want to play with,and add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
And that just works without any messing about? I would have thought that the other races are sufficiently fleshed out for that by default.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12