Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [Beta 7/30/14] - 0.40.X  (Read 36824 times)

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/13/14] - 0.40.3+
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 09:31:33 pm »

That makes sense I suppose, though the name seraphim seems a bit odd as that refers to a specific type of angel. but I suppose its as good as any.

Edit: Zoroastrian Yazata or Amesha Spenta might work, but they dont sound as nice.

I could just call them malakhim which is the lowest order and "normal Angel".

I'd like to keep the -him suffix and go with something recognizeable. Its why although tempted to come up with unique names for most of the races I tried to stick close to recognizeable bits. The insect-men went through so many name changes before I just kinda stuck with the identifiable ones.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 09:56:08 pm »

Malakhim works pretty well I think.

Also, might I suggest releasing the humans before the elves? reason being, in most fantasy settings humans are the most common species and if there are too many elven civs then humanity might not be very common, I could be wrong though as Im not an expert on worldgen.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2014, 04:26:15 am »

Malakhim works pretty well I think.

Also, might I suggest releasing the humans before the elves? reason being, in most fantasy settings humans are the most common species and if there are too many elven civs then humanity might not be very common, I could be wrong though as Im not an expert on worldgen.

I could do that, effectively since most races under the same sub-race use the same base, I just have to make one of them and modify them all from there usually.

Going to do some work this morning before I head to work (have about an hour or two to do stuff), try to finalize some base dwarves and put out a test version for you guys.

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 04:29:57 am »

Its 5:30am here (EST) I'm going to be running an hour to hour.5 stream before work as I mess around with getting all the dorfs in. If anyone wants to swing by.

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowclaimer

Stream is over
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:02:56 am by Shadowclaimer »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/18/14] - 0.40.3+
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 06:03:20 am »

New release. Need testing done to make sure Dark Dwarves will actually steal children and such, and any other bugs you guys might run into.

-Includes Dark Dwarves, Frost Dwarves
-Fixed issues with Dark Dwarf ethics that were causing them not to be as vile as previously thought (and not kidnap children/steal items)
-Changed Dark Dwarven noble titles
-Changed Dark Dwarven symbols/spheres
-Frost Dwarves are available for testing, they're pretty much "done"
-There's a few symbols to cull for Dark Dwarves that I need to figure out, they still sometimes get "hippy" sounding names

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibco6nfkze3e92l/Advanced%20Civilizations%207-18-2014.zip

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:24 pm »

In your spreadsheet some of the races are listed as "tribal" what kind of site do they use?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »

Do you plan to have any of the civs be underground? The vanilla underground civs are pretty boring and I think that some cool stuff could be done with underground civs.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:18 pm »

In your spreadsheet some of the races are listed as "tribal" what kind of site do they use?

I need to look into it. The list was made back in DF2010 basically, some things are probably changed since then and I may have to revisit.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »

Do you plan to have any of the civs be underground? The vanilla underground civs are pretty boring and I think that some cool stuff could be done with underground civs.

That's not a bad idea, its something I'll look into.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 07:45:11 am »

Did some research/work this morning on the "Good/Human" archetypes, basically I'm dumping some of them and overhauling the archetype.

The Archetype is now "celestials" which are supposedly a race of humanoids gifted with the blood of deities. Each one is basically a human with an odd skin color, glowing eyes, and wings of some sort. Undead/Demons were removed (they populate the world, an undead race of sentient may return at some point but the current systems don't allow them in ways I'd like to have them.)

Malakhim - Divine Celestials, Dove Wings, Pale Gold Skin (Good)
Nephilim - Infernal Celestials, Bat Wings, Pale Red Skin (Evil)
Rephaim - Corpselike Celestials, Skeletal Wings, Pale Green Skin (Death)
Gibborim - Warlike Celestials, Dragon Wings, Pale Brown Skin (War)
Seraphim - Just Celestials, Phoenix Wings, Pale Orange Skin (Justice)
Hashmallim - Knowledgeable Celestials, Owl Wings, Pale Purple Skin (Knowledge)

-

Also after a lot of extensive testing this weekend, I'm beginning to think I can't attract conflict in my fortresses. Three saved games now, set up right next to Goblins/Dark Dwarves with zero thieves/babysnatchers from either.

-

I've changed all tribes to cities, Tribes were an old site type reference that is no longer used.

-

In the process of updating the spreadsheet so bear with me on the craziness if you open it to weird stuff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:57:59 am by Shadowclaimer »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Advanced Civilizations [WIP] [Beta 7/18/14] - 0.40.X
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2014, 08:57:39 am »

I just checked and at no point was there an entity token relating to tribalism. At least definitely not in the site section in the wiki. Could you specify what you're talking about or at least what version it was in?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2014, 09:00:17 am »

I just checked and at no point was there an entity token relating to tribalism. At least definitely not in the site section in the wiki. Could you specify what you're talking about or at least what version it was in?

I'm not honestly sure then, I just know I put the token in there and was running off of the wiki when I selected tokens. I assumed it was an old token, not sure where else I would've gotten it. I don't think I made it up but I might've.

On a similar note though the Fortress token is supposedly not used now, so I need to swap it to whatever Dwarves use now by default.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:03:09 am by Shadowclaimer »

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:08 am »

I am sad at the lack of Olm men in here, other than that major inexcusable flaw, awesome mod! I think I will be playing around with it.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2014, 06:53:17 am »

I am sad at the lack of Olm men in here, other than that major inexcusable flaw, awesome mod! I think I will be playing around with it.

Give it time, Lizardmen/Beastmen are nigh infinitely expandable. I'm still wanting to do Chameleonmen particularly. For now the list is my focus but it will go beyond that when I get done with it.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

Perhaps in order to make civs more tribal you can decrease how many appear at a site?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12