Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magma drinking ‼Science‼  (Read 6909 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magma drinking ‼Science‼
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »

So, a while ago, i discovered that you can drink magma out of minecarts in the arena. Shortly after, I melted to death. I am now going to perform some experiments to see if it is still possible, and why I melted.
EDIT1: It's still possible.

And I melted, leaving behind a smear of blod and grease from my left hand.

I was fine, so I drank two more units of magma, and now my left hand's fingers are melting and I have heavy bleeding.
And.. I've bled to death.
Well.. I get the same thin when I pick up the miecart and walk around with it, so it's holding it that melts me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:41:44 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
Re: Magma drinking ‼Science‼
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:54 pm »

This is amazing. What other game could you do this in? I didn't even think of trying to drink magma before, silly me I know. I must go try it.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:54:04 pm »

I was able to drink 3 units of magma without melting, as long as I put the cart down afterwards. Don't know if it fills thirst though.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »

I think that if you want to carry the minecart around with you, you can if you jump in water immediately after picking it up. At least I was able to do something similar after killing a FB made of fire in adventure mode. I was set on fire when I picked up the body, jumped into a pool of water, and when I got out I wasn't set on fire again until I threw the fire at someone and picked it back up. This was in the last version, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:14 pm »

Drink water? What are you? Some kind of elf? *takes a deep drink of magma*
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »

Perhaps strategic consumption of magma could be exploited to remove the players' fat, thus making them ?fireproof?

!!SCIENCE!! needs to be done on whether the new pulping system still makes creatures with no fat fireproof.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »

Perhaps strategic consumption of magma could be exploited to remove the players' fat, thus making them ?fireproof?

!!SCIENCE!! needs to be done on whether the new pulping system still makes creatures with no fat fireproof.

New pulping system? Is that like when body parts collapse? A word like that or "Smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass". It probably means some kind of permanent crippling. It's hard to imagine an arm reduced to that ever looking like an arm again.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:50:13 pm by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 04:48:29 pm »

New puling system? is that like when body parts collapse? a word liek that or "smashed into the body an unrecognizable mass probably means some kind of permant crippling. It's hard to imagine an arm reduced to that ever looking like an arm again.

Yeah, that's pulping. It was primarily implemented to make undead and constructs more killable.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »

New puling system? is that like when body parts collapse? a word liek that or "smashed into the body an unrecognizable mass probably means some kind of permant crippling. It's hard to imagine an arm reduced to that ever looking like an arm again.

Yeah, that's pulping. It was primarily implemented to make undead and constructs more killable.

Oh right thanks. So does that mean the body part is permanently reduced to mush and unhealable? It would need to be to avoid it being re raised.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »

It also allows zombies to die in lava or fire, so I suspect it might have removed the good old burn off your fat bug.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 05:39:58 pm »

I was able to drink 3 units of magma without melting, as long as I put the cart down afterwards. Don't know if it fills thirst though.

Actually, drinking magma is completely harmless.
Its holding the scorching hot mine-cart that hurts you, and it only does so after a long time.
Notice your speed while holding the mine-cart, basically an entire year passes by when you take a step, and it takes multiple.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:06 pm »

Totally bro I'm drinking a glass of magma right now.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »

Totally bro I'm drinking a bauxite mug of magma right now.

ftfy.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 07:48:44 pm »

Never has "‼Science‼" been more appropriate.
I applaud you, good sir.

Now drop some carp, elephants and sponges into the cart, wait until they're molten and then drink them all to absorb their spirits.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »

Totally bro I'm drinking a large bauxite pot of magma right now.

ftfy.
FTFY
Pages: [1] 2