Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any stories about particularly successful megabeasts?  (Read 914 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any stories about particularly successful megabeasts?
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:13 am »

So most of time in long history worlds all of starting megabeasts tend to get killed off(unless they never get any kills in first place and never attack anyone or turn into zombies), but sometimes one of them becomes really notable. Like in 40.03 my first all medium settings world had only one of first megabeasts surviving, a dragon with almost hundred kills and 10 children with only one of them dead. That world went though age of myth and legend six times before ending on age of legend and he wasn't only megabeast who managed to get offspring, but he was only one of the starting ones.

So yeah, I'm wondering whats up with this. I mean, why do sometimes megabeast die in first hundred years never breeding and other times they survive to have a lot of fights and have a lot of offspring? Is it just matter of luck or do their location or skills matter?

And does anybody have similarly notable megabeasts that survive until end of world gen?