Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thieves (fan art) [BARELY SPOILERS]  (Read 1226 times)

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
Thieves (fan art) [BARELY SPOILERS]
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »

Not long ago I was inspired by a comic on the Museum succession game to resolve to draw my adventures in the next version when it came out. But then, as it turns out, I could hardly do anything in 0.40.01 without it crashing. And it's been a busy week with little time for actually playing Dwarf Fortress: It Was Inevitable, compounded by being too amused reading all the stories on the forums... Basically, I haven't started drawing my adventures, *yet*.

But, some of us have noticed that Legends Mode recounts kobolds stealing from vaults quite a bit. So far I haven't seen any claims that they steal the hidden object of interesting but nigh useless power, but you know that my mind went there just for the irony. After all, kobolds have been skulking little nobodies for so long, whose only claim to fame (stealing things that are actually valuable from seemingly well-defended dwarven fortresses) was also why they're perfectly hateable (or would be if they weren't pathetically cute). Now, suddenly, here they are acting as badass commandos extracting items from the safehouses of the gods under the eyes of beings the likes of which even the Forgotten Beasts are only a cruel parody. Well... I figured I may as well start there and see what happens.

Despite not having explored a dark fortress well enough to know what it looks like. Despite not having drawn anything since art class years ago. Despite having no time and having had a less than stellar day.

Here's the result, for what it's worth (and, let me know if there's an art thread this would go well in instead of its own thread).

I may make further attempts on this subject matter if the strange mood should seize me again.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
Re: Thieves (fan art) [BARELY SPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:14:40 am »

This should be encouraged.
I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:01:08 am »

Nice. Moving Sound is the fanart thread.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:21 pm »

*reads OP of linked thread*

Oh. Huh. All this time I'd figured that was some kind of contest a la the Forgotten Beast Art Contest, based on the name, but I guess it is the right place for this after all. Thanks!
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.