Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird bug with dumping (now with 100% more exploding dwarves)  (Read 2465 times)

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird bug with dumping (now with 100% more exploding dwarves)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 09:14:45 am »

adamantine mace
Yeah, not going to happen. Adamantine is a bad material for macing. Too light.
If I remember correctly even featherwood is better.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 09:16:03 am »

That's why I said adamantine.
It'd be awesome for someone to send a Bronze Colossus flying with a blunt weapon made of said material.

Epthelyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:16:04 am »

That's why I said adamantine.
It'd be awesome for someone to send a Bronze Colossus flying with a blunt weapon made of said material.

It'd be even more awesome to send a Bronze Colossus flying using an artifact soap hammer, assuming that there's still the 'bug' whereby dwarves on a mood can use whatever materials they feel like whether they're for the item type or not.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

Yeah turns out your the god damn fist of the north star and platinum maces are ineffective compared to fists

No, everyone just knows hokuto shinken by default due to bugs. Once the bugs are fixed, you'll have to find and learn it yourself if you want to see this again.

Urist Volaldur cancels Attack Enemy: Target is Already Dead.

I wonder if hammer dorfs are going to send people flying several screens again.

Oh they already are.  I've seen pissed off dwarves kick badgers 5 tiles away, it's a small jump from there to "2 screens away."

It's like golf, but with more badgers and hammers.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 07:45:05 pm »

Also um, dwarf fists are even more dangerous now. Instead of bruising or breaking bones, tantrums result in in half a screen of almost every punch making dwarf limbs/heads "explode in a shower of gore". Hilarious, but alarming.

But this is at least partly embellishment. I've had dwarves who have sustained absolutely horrific-sounding injuries like having their leg mangled into an unrecognisable mess, go to the hospital and get fixed up by a simple splint.

So I'm thinking "A shower of gore" actually refers to something like a punch to the face which causes a few flecks of blood to fly.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:14 am »

I've never heard "explodes in a shower of gore" used for anything short of a massacre tbh. I'd say it's more that the injuries are too easily healed (and too easily caused) rather than Toady wrote the entire wrong description.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Pages: 1 [2]