Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Morale and badassery  (Read 2386 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Morale and badassery
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:06 pm »

Perhaps dwarves could be exposed to a terrifying enemy that can't pursue them, like a giant sponge aquarium in the barracks or something.

I'm pretty sure being horrified by corpses and death trains discipline too, so... kitten fountain. You were going to make one anyway, right? :D

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:25 am »

I have a dining hall filled with skeletons and most of my fort is now at least novice in discipline.

BenTGaidin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 07:34:38 am »

I've two military dwarfs doing solo weapon training most of the time; they've gotten a good bit of discipline from being told to go kill random wandering animals, but it seems like they might also get small bits of increase just from their time training too -- I'll have to pay closer attention to their levels to be sure for the future.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 08:26:53 am »

I've two military dwarfs doing solo weapon training most of the time; they've gotten a good bit of discipline from being told to go kill random wandering animals, but it seems like they might also get small bits of increase just from their time training too -- I'll have to pay closer attention to their levels to be sure for the future.

They do. The fighting skills of all my militia dwarves are very close to their discipline skill.
Pages: 1 [2]