Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tweaks 'n' Such [v40.05] v1.5 Fear the Badger  (Read 24064 times)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post to watch.

Very neccessary tweaks. Will Toady implement them in 0.40.04? I certainly hope so.

EDIT: Is ranged combat still very unbalanced in this version of DF? If so, you might want to include the Broken Arrow mod in this one.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:02:04 am by Snaaty »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The [SHOOT_FORCE:1000] from the vanilla (cross)bows has been lowered to 30, so they aren't railguns.
They're still quite viable though, and at least you (and other things) won't drop the moment you get an arrow to the knee like you would in vanilla thanks to the tissue changes.
(although a bit of testing shows that humans with average willpower will certainly drop after two arrows, but that's better than one at superhuman willpower)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:48:13 am by Bloax »

oh_no

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be alright if there were a version of this mod without the additional attacks from Masterwork? A lot of folks are quite happy with the existing attacks, which can already be made quick/strong/precise.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:20:06 am by RavingManiac »
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's less for flavor and more to increase the chances that when the guy with the sword gets an opportunity attack, he actually swings it instead of biting the opponent in the mouth.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're going to be playing adventure mode then you can just use the little thing I did that they're somewhat based on.
Otherwise, yeah - they do serve a purpose in fortmode.

oh_no

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first real tweak for languages. This one removes duplicate choices (where both the English choice and Dwarven word are the same), so you can still generate all possible English and Dwarven names, but without so much grammar BS.

http://jgame.net.au/language_words_optimized.txt

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
This seems to be a collection of helpful tweaks and a good base to build upon when modding (especially for inexperienced people like me).
Thank you!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

The [SHOOT_FORCE:1000] from the vanilla (cross)bows has been lowered to 30, so they aren't railguns.
They're still quite viable though, and at least you (and other things) won't drop the moment you get an arrow to the knee like you would in vanilla thanks to the tissue changes.
(although a bit of testing shows that humans with average willpower will certainly drop after two arrows, but that's better than one at superhuman willpower)

Post to watch.

Very neccessary tweaks. Will Toady implement them in 0.40.04? I certainly hope so.

EDIT: Is ranged combat still very unbalanced in this version of DF? If so, you might want to include the Broken Arrow mod in this one.

I've forgotten about arrows completely. Nerfed arrows/bolts and maxvelocity on ranged weaponry so they're not acting like guns hopefully [based on the old Broken arrow changes mostly since it worked well].

Would it be alright if there were a version of this mod without the additional attacks from Masterwork? A lot of folks are quite happy with the existing attacks, which can already be made quick/strong/precise.

There's the plain version by Bloax, but I do suggest the additional attacks no matter what. Combat AI will use weapons more with more weapon attacks, and the attacking AI in this version needs all the help it can get.

Might get around to some additional stuff today. Some weapon changes so far, ammo nerf. It just helps that others remember the various tweaks I've taken for granted over the years, heh.

I've given trolls, goblins and elves(I suppose) a MAXAGE tag. Trying to see if I can alleviate the issue of 5000 trolls in most goblin pit sites, and with goblins always being on top in worldgen. Will try to neuter goblins further, I've got a vast majority of my worldgens being totally dominated by goblins.

I want to put gems on my armor so I'm porting the gem and workshop stuff from MWDF pretty shortly. Then from there it should be pretty easy once I know what is an isn't really broken from before. Then this becomes a lite expansion mod, honestly, as the changes are getting too extensive at that point to call it a tweak.

Since I'm restarting for the new stability changes I'll be using these weapon changes and the disapline tweaks.

That's what this is for, enjoy. c:

PTW
This seems to be a collection of helpful tweaks and a good base to build upon when modding (especially for inexperienced people like me).
Thank you!

Thanks, I'll be the first to admit this pack is just whatever I myself enjoy or find to be an improvement on the current status of some stuff. Change whatever you like, I'm rusty anyway.

The first real tweak for languages. This one removes duplicate choices (where both the English choice and Dwarven word are the same), so you can still generate all possible English and Dwarven names, but without so much grammar BS.

http://jgame.net.au/language_words_optimized.txt
Replaced with this. Appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:00:36 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile

Don't know how long it'll be before this bug is fixed, but have you considered taking a shot at this:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5462&nbn=10#bugnotes

Its mostly just a population fix for beast people that helps reduce their spawns and in exchange helps with the low animal rates.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

I've noticed that myself. I'm pretty sure the posters suggestion of putting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
into the variants template will work well.

But with animalman populations at 30:50 when they spawn they'll still be really too much. So I'm going to just divide all animalman populations by ten on top of that change. Should make them actually rare.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed that myself. I'm pretty sure the posters suggestion of putting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
into the variants template will work well.

But with animalman populations at 30:50 when they spawn they'll still be really too much. So I'm going to just divide all animalman populations by ten on top of that change. Should make them actually rare.

Sweet, just figured it'd be a good shortfix to include in this.

So if I'm reading that correctly, more animalmen means less actual animals?

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Basically, yes, especially if the animalman frequency is higher than their base animal. Or in this case, 10-20 times higher.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically, yes, especially if the animalman frequency is higher than their base animal. Or in this case, 10-20 times higher.

Was wondering why my fortresses seemed empty of all wildlife.

I'm sure this isn't doing great things with our FPS's either if there's hordes of animalmen underground.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

I've made the changes. Finishing a bit of a workshop test and will put out a release today.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've made the changes. Finishing a bit of a workshop test and will put out a release today.

Sweet, that was quick =) looking forward to testing it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5