Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tweaks 'n' Such [v40.05] v1.5 Fear the Badger  (Read 24070 times)

conductorbosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a version of this I can grab that doesn't add all the extra attacks, so it won't make my adventure mode combat menus a nightmare to navigate? I just want people that don't cry and flee whenever my weak little peasant walks into a room, and if possible I'd rather not add discipline/tweak bravery stats for all those creatures separately if some enterprising individual has done it already.

If I just carry over the creature-related raw files will I avoid the extra attacks while having discipline added? I've tried increasing default bravery/violent traits for elves/dwarves/humans/goblins on my own but haven't seen a huge difference.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a version of this I can grab that doesn't add all the extra attacks, so it won't make my adventure mode combat menus a nightmare to navigate? I just want people that don't cry and flee whenever my weak little peasant walks into a room, and if possible I'd rather not add discipline/tweak bravery stats for all those creatures separately if some enterprising individual has done it already.

If I just carry over the creature-related raw files will I avoid the extra attacks while having discipline added? I've tried increasing default bravery/violent traits for elves/dwarves/humans/goblins on my own but haven't seen a huge difference.

Yep, the new attacks are in the item_weapon file, so adding only the creature files will only include discipline changes (and whatever else animals have done?)

P.S.: Sorry for answering the question instead of you, Mictlantecuhtli, just want to help.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

New update with today's changes. Worldgen is more sane now in terms of goblin dominance and animalmen numbers.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a version of this I can grab that doesn't add all the extra attacks, so it won't make my adventure mode combat menus a nightmare to navigate?

Yep, the new attacks are in the item_weapon file, so adding only the creature files will only include discipline changes (and whatever else animals have done?)

P.S.: Sorry for answering the question instead of you, Mictlantecuhtli, just want to help.
well there's still
If you're going to be playing adventure mode then you can just use the little thing I did that they're somewhat based on.
if you want some weapon changes without the stupid amounts of attacks

oh_no

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Finally got around to starting on 40.03 using your tweaks, Am reclaiming a mountain with a heavily forested taiga nearby,
Shameless plug for my Playthrough http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140431.0
I'll report back my observations for what they're worth, however I haven't played the unpatched version and also barely played DF2012 so my input won't be so good for comparison, however I'm sure it'll be a good indicator of what a n00b would think.
Also I think I have a knack for vastly overhyping what will probably be a seriously lackluster embark.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Enjoy! You'll find the 1 level of discipline pretty much completely alleviates the crippling fear issues.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.  The tweaks like the discipline tags really do improve the game.

You might want also to change the REQUIRED tags in hostile entities to ACCEPTABLE. It appears to stop the random market slaughters.

I never seem to get overly huge numbers of elves in worldgen, however, and the immortality is part of their entity flavour. (Probably because they only bring shitty wood equipment to wars).   Though if it happens, have you tried messing with the ORIENTATION tag?  It's horribly cliché of course, but I expect, less breeding pairs in worldgen would decrease their overall numbers. Though imo, MAXAGE for gobbos is more appropriate for flavour. (also because implications and stuff)

Alternatively, decreasing the START_GROUP_NUMBER in their entity, which is a lot less hairy and probably better.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:25:44 pm by samanato »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

I never seem to get overly huge numbers of elves in worldgen, however, and the immortality is part of their entity flavour. (Probably because they only bring shitty wood equipment to wars).

Elf's max age is 500-1000, approximately. Should be near-immortal enough c:

You might want also to change the REQUIRED tags in hostile entities to ACCEPTABLE. It appears to stop the random market slaughters.

But thanks! I will do that.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile

New update with today's changes. Worldgen is more sane now in terms of goblin dominance and animalmen numbers.
I didn't notice a dent in goblin population with maxage set to 30-50 they had around 10k population at their dark fortress way before anybody else got near that number.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I found this in my error log: "*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/item_weapon.txt"
ITEM_WEAPON_MACE:Unrecognized Item Token: ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER"
The raw looks fine, I have no idea what's going on.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Noticed it here myself, I'm not sure if it's just this version or if it's happened in all versions. All the mace attacks work fine, oddly.

I didn't notice a dent in goblin population with maxage set to 30-50 they had around 10k population at their dark fortress way before anybody else got near that number.

It's mostly the short-life trolls that should matter, honestly.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Updated, weapon changes rolled back to vanilla, mostly since I have a feeling Toady is going to do some refining on his own and I'll follow those balances instead of my hackjob changes. Especially since the extra attacks aren't quite needed now. You can always use the previous version's weapon.txt, of course, for the flavor attacks.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated, weapon changes rolled back to vanilla, mostly since I have a feeling Toady is going to do some refining on his own and I'll follow those balances instead of my hackjob changes.
the weapon raws in 0.40.04 are exactly the same as in the previous version

also uh, hi why were the changes a thing in the first place (oh right because vanilla weapons are wacko and some weapons are rather useless or overpowered!)

oh_no

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Keep blox's raws but minus the extra attacks please.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated, weapon changes rolled back to vanilla, mostly since I have a feeling Toady is going to do some refining on his own and I'll follow those balances instead of my hackjob changes.
the weapon raws in 0.40.04 are exactly the same as in the previous version

also uh, hi why were the changes a thing in the first place (oh right because vanilla weapons are wacko and some weapons are rather useless or overpowered!)
You don't need the extra attacks now:
(*) People with a weapon should use it with the proper frequency now
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5