Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 24146 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Damn, Harry, your imagination really knows no bounds, doesn't it?
I shall most likely post a sheet tomorrow. I'm sure a raging hangover will be great inspiration for playing a dessicated corpse!

(Also: did your recent absence involve a visit to somewhere dry and desert-like? :P)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

What do you mean by that exactly?

Let's say you choose to be immune to bullets. That may be rephrased as "bullets pass through the empty spaces within my flesh". Or not. I'm not quite sure yet.

(Also: did your recent absence involve a visit to somewhere dry and desert-like? :P)

The driest place in my homeland, reputedly. But certainly not a desert by any means.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to give this a little bump, just in case I can get more applicants. You never know.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

YES THIS IS GOOD
CHARACTER SHEET WILL GO HERE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Who are you? Sam...Samuel?

What do you remember? A boy. My boy. Tears in his eyes. Whipe away the tear on his cheeck. Leaving a trail of blood from my hand.

What are you looking for? My son.

What is noteworthy about your appearance? Gaping chestwound.

What is your gun? FN-FAL ((Or, if we're supposed to go pistolero and use handguns: m1911))

What is your fabulous supernatural power? Blend in with surroundings, like octopus

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death Rattle: Prologue
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 05:19:09 pm »

Prologue: Uninviting Song

From the hot sand, the five figures finally rise fully, stretching out their desiccated limbs in the rippling hot excuse for air, which they have never before felt like this. The wind still wails and howls as each of the five inspect one another.

The first is the remnant of a man in old armor - a dusty old metal breastplate with an attached scabbard, the shape of it making him appear larger and wider as the sheet hangs over it, despite being stick-thin and skeletal much like the others. He does not need the scabbard, for his sword is his mind, and with it on hand he can duel like a true knight of the wastes while the other wields a mighty firearm of the old world. Felled by foul treachery, he now seeks to know the name and the face of the rat who dared defile him so, and inform them that Starn Gundar does not take kindly to such tricks.

The second is the dry corpse of a man wearing an eyepatch, though his visible eye is a sunken, black pit of shriveled nothing as well - his sight, much like that of his companions in resurrection, is mysterious in its workings. But his sideburns, which have remained despite all, remain untouched. Immaculate and perfect in their rugged messiness, they bring a spark of barely remembered life to the group. He is First Mate Salty Pete, and if he claims a thing will float, his word will reorder the heavens for the claim to manifest as truth. He feels the call of the impossible ocean, of the remnant treasures. It beckons him to walk forth into the wastes, to claim their riches with the pistol in his hand and scallywaggery on his mind.

The third is the husk of a man of the wastes, and of the mountains and hills, and the forests that are no more. The world has changed after his passing, and he finds the change encouraging. The ultimate challenge stretches out before him, and in his strange khaki outfit, pith helmet and white cloak he is ready to face it with crossbow in hand, much like he has faced death and, after such a long time, come out alive somehow. He is Squirrel Grills, and his word is that of a god of the wilderness, his facts unassailable even when his logic may be flawed.

The fourth is a once-electrified blue shell of hard plastics and ceramic, clanging loosely around the frame of its occupant, which has long since shriveled to a much smaller size than the suit. The occupant of this mysterious invention is known only as CLONE, and though it seems like its suit is far too large, it is in fact just right - for CLONE is not merely one, but three. It begins to dig for its ancient weapon, and laboriously pulls it out of the sand, finding it almost too heavy to even lift for more than a few seconds, and contenting itself with dragging it out and letting its bulk rest in the sand. It seeks more than the average traveler - a goal, a purpose, and revenge. It will, in all likelihood, find none.

The fifth, in comparison, is... expected. Regular, insofar as a mummified corpse can be such a thing. And also rather blank - he has a name, Thomas, and also an outfit - black, in sharp contrast with the sheet wrapped around him. And also a collection of gunshot marks like no other, though his flesh has long since gone beyond the point where such a thing would render him in any way more ugly. But though he is unassuming in his looks, he seeks the most difficult prize of all - his life. And he will find it, for from the screaming agony of death delivered by his hand he can divine secrets - a little something each time, a piece of the greater puzzle.

As the sand is slowly blown off their bodies by the merciless wind, the five figures still hear the faint echoes of the flute coming from the north, the figure in white, though now invisible, still playing as poor a tune as ever from the sound of it, and rapidly fading away in the distance.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »

* darkpaladin109 mopes about for not being picked :(
((So, is there a waitlist for this game? If anything, it'd help to at least add a playerlist to the OP.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »

* darkpaladin109 mopes about for not being picked :(
((So, is there a waitlist for this game? If anything, it'd help to at least add a playerlist to the OP.))

Had you combined your power with the catchiness of the Low Flatlands Floater's name, you could have gotten in. Sadly, it was not to be.

Also, done and done.

blazing glory

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

Take a view of the wastes,is there anything besides barren sand and rocks?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »

Thomas stands up, and looks around the wastes. He tries to look for something like the location he can see in his head.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nunzillor

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

Squirrel is slightly confused, but mostly excited to face the challenge set before him.  Not only must he break new ground by thriving in this desolate waste, he must do so as a desiccated corpse (with no urine!).  He smiles.

Squirrel Grills prepares to begin the narrative of his latest challenge.  First, though, he takes stock of his surroundings, checking the horizon for landmarks in all directions.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:30:59 pm by Nunzillor »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 01:27:55 am »

CLONE split into three and look around
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 07:11:34 am »

Salty Pete begins walking in whichever direction looks least interesting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death Rattle: Chapter 1E: A Christening
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 08:30:32 am »

It has been but a few moments in their existence, and already the figures experience disunity.

First to look around is Starn Gundar, who is disappointed to find only barren sand - there are not even any rocks. This is clearly a sandy pit of despair he finds himself in.

Second with a similar idea is Thomas, who has thought of a place in his mind - instinctively he feels that it is to the north, but also to the east, and to the west, and even the blinding south.

Squirrel Grills, meanwhile, finds familiar thought processes - the narrative is forming in his head, a tale of survival beyond death that he can repeat in the hopes of helping others who seek to tread similar paths. And yet there are no landmarks, aside from the sun in the south and the dying sound of poor flute playing in the far north.

CLONE is most disunited - the chaos within it manifests as fission, a single naked body like its own shooting out of one of its shoulders, and another sprouting and splitting off through a hole in the back of its armor. All three look around, a habit developed in climes far less dangerous than these, at least for the living. And though there are observers three, they see no more than Squirrel Grills, though they do hear many things - a bell to the west, a cry to the east, a book to the south and a candle to the north.

Salty Pete, as the fifth, realizes that though they may try, his companions have gathered no useful information. So he uses his mind alone to determine which way he should go - south has the sun, the west will have the sun, north has the flute, and only the east is fully deprived of all but sand and blank, grayish sky. So he ventures forth that way, shambling through sand like a true sea dog, stumbling on the tricky footing more than once.

Chapter 1E: A Christening

For five days does Salty Pete venture, finding nothing, frigid nights following oppressive days and vice versa. But eventually he does find something, where rocks protrude from the sand to a minor degree - an empty, dry, valley in , where a boat stands, completely new, though rolled on one side by virtue of having no water to sail on. Around the boat stand three people like him, all wearing identical sailor uniforms. Their dry, empty voices murmur as they regard the boat, their minds dedicated to solving some arcane problem from the looks of it.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death Rattle: Chapter 1E: A Christening
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 08:35:16 am »

((so are we like working together? or can we just walk apart?))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19