Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 23697 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:59:35 pm »

Ephemeral Games

The principle of this thread is to get out many of the ideas I get at any given moment in short bursts of 2-6 weeks, depending on how it works out. New players are accepted on a non-FCFS basis each time, so don't be afraid to feed me all the sheets you can make, not that they'll be terribly complicated to fill out.

Anyway, hope to have fun here. No need to read to the previous games if you want to sign up for a new one. There will probably be sort of a waitlist for the game in progress, but it's unlikely to come into use, quite frankly. Not that it's impossible, naturally!

Unless otherwise stated, the games operate on the same system as The Forgotten Art, sans the stats.

Game 1
Death Rattle: Mummy Gunslingers in an Endless Desert

As the howling wind races across the endless desert where no fires burn and no water flows, and the dust of the land becomes the dust of the air, dancing along in meaningless whirls before settling down. On the horizon one can see a shambling figure in white, heading this way while playing a cheery tune poorly on the flute.

The sand stirs and twists as the figure draws closer, its form skeletal, brown and shriveled beneath the stark white rags. Its gait is uneven, and its legs seem to be on the verge of failing it. It is unspeakably old, almost as ancient as the dust it walks on. The melody of its flute permeates the sand, reminds what lies beneath of the past that was. A memory. A thought. An impression. That is all it takes.

As the figure passes the area, over the next dune and toward the northern horizon, the sand continues to stir. Born again, its occupants claw their way out, desiccated flesh given life once more. Draped in white sheets, guns clutched in whatever limbs they have, the mummified creatures emerge, born of the desert with not a drop of water in them, mere shadows of what they were, and yet gifted far beyond their station.

You are these creatures. The desert lies in every direction. And no matter where you go, something will be found. The desert is endless, and the things within it are infinite. It is just a question of venturing forth to find them. That, and willpower.

Spoiler: What’s this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:20:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Games

Game 1, Death Rattle: Opening Turn

Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix: Intro and Signups, Opening Turn.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:17:05 am by Harry Baldman »

blazing glory

Spoiler: Character sheet. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:35:14 pm by blazing glory »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

....Batman?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Who are you? First Mate Salty Pete

What do you remember? Sailing the seven seas, pillaging, drinking, general scallywaggery

What are you looking for? Material wealth and an ocean to sail on

What is noteworthy about your appearance? Traditional eyepatch and impressive sideburns

What is your gun? Pepperbox pistol

What is your fabulous supernatural power? Controlling the buoyancy of objects
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just when I thought that I have seen everything from you, Harry, I find this. PTW, will not play, though.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely gonna try to join this. Super powered Mummy Gunslingers, what's not to like.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:53:56 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Ill PTW, but prolly not submit cuz whatever i write is always bound end up in the graveyard that is the waitlist
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

Eh,nevermind,I'll just choose whatever I like for a superpower.

Nunzillor

Doesn't take much to apply.  Might as well give it a go.

Is the crossbow ok?  Also, what era?  Does sorta count as one word, two words, or an abomination and therefore not a word at all?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:48:54 am by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks like fun, but I need some questions answered before I can properly make my character sheet, firstly, what setting is this exactly? Secondly, how far has technology gone? Thirdly, how old or young can each character be? fourthly, how supernatural is the world? And fifthly, about this;
To answer these questions, you have 37 words.
Is this 37 words for each question or all of them?

Firstly, this is an endless desert where no fires burn and no water flows, and the dead walk the lifeless wastes.

Secondly, there is no strict technological barrier.

Thirdly, age doesn't matter one bit.

Fourthly, about as supernatural as it gets.

Fifthly, 37 across the board, though I won't mind if you go one or two over the limit too much. No more than that, however.

Is the crossbow ok?  Also, what era?  Does sorta count as one word, two words, or an abomination and therefore not a word at all?

It is, the end of time as we know it, and one word.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, this ought to be amusing. Posting to watch.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the supernatural powers, what sort of thing do you have in mind?

It can be anything you want, pretty much, though it will be balanced and have its weirdness dialed up in all likelihood.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My sheet
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19