Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 24081 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix (signups open)
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 04:31:20 pm »

-snip-

I'd prefer something less derivative, actually.

Wait, so I can't do it...? Cuz, I could re-work it... ((PS, What does the "snip" thing mean?))
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 04:32:59 pm »

Wait, so I can't do it...? Cuz, I could re-work it... ((PS, What does the "snip" thing mean?))

You can, but I wouldn't be very positively disposed toward it. And the -snip- means that I don't put your full quote in the post. It's the sound that scissors make. Cutting, you see.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 04:37:32 pm »

You can, but I wouldn't be very positively disposed toward it. And the -snip- means that I don't put your full quote in the post. It's the sound that scissors make. Cutting, you see.

Alright, I'll change it on the sole point that I really like your RtD's, and I respect you for your RP. Then,

RoboTron 3.14, QT edition, "Female"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfS4p3Tl0k
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:14 pm »

"Stargazer", Female
Theme
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:47:04 pm by Nunzillor »

Nunzillor

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2014, 11:41:06 am »

((Bump for applicants))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix (it begins!)
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2014, 09:15:43 am »

You know something, I've decided that 8 is a manageable number, and I will include all of you. But after you there shall be none, unfortunately. You'll probably make up for it with mortality and player inactivity anyway, and I will update once per day regardless of player presence. So! Let us begin!

The chaotic walls of the room begin to groan and peel organically, and from the ground emerge three more shapes, one by one - their appearances slowly shift into a particular shape (or, in the case of a nigh-anonymous individual among them, a very non-particular shape) as they rhythmically wiggle toward the lit exit of the room, legs taking shape even as they begin to consider what they may look like.

Through the lit gate the group proceeds, finding a path of mirrors leading ahead through a void of stars, forking into two separate shining ways, one spiraling up to a huge, horned steel sphere while the other descends downward into the unknown. Both of these the group can perceive as equally perilous somehow, though what sensory organ permits them to do so is up for debate right now.

"LISTEN TO THE WORDS OF RADIX THE OMNISCIENT!" a nearby voice rings out, and the potential eyes of the group are drawn to a cackling mass of limbs and mouths, machine and flesh intertwined in perpetual disharmony and half-screaming as the creature bleeds, steams and speaks at the same time. The creature hangs in the air some distance away, and a green, featureless circular gate lies behind it. "THROUGH THE ANGEL OF ARMS I POSE YOU THESE QUESTIONS THREE! ANSWER AND BE ARMED! AN ARM FOR EACH, AND ONLY THREE AMONGST ALL!"

"FIRSTLY, WHERE ARE WE?"

"SECONDLY, WHY MUST WE SUFFER SO?"

"THIRDLY, WHAT IS THE MOST USEFUL THING TO BE DERIVED FROM HUMAN EXPERIENCE?"

"APPROACH PERFECTION IN YOUR ANSWERS AND BE REWARDED!"

The creature stops shrieking, but not bleeding and steaming, which you all suppose makes sense. As the many eyes of the Angel of Arms look upon you, you feel unsubtly pressured. This is before it pulls out a series of sidearms and rifles never before seen by human eyes, pointing at least one weapon toward each of the eight.

blazing glory

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

Where are we? I don't know,hell I think.

Why must we suffer so? For all our misdeeds.

What is the most useful thing to be derived from human experience? Hrm... I don't know,perfection?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2014, 09:35:07 am »

"...Radix's...dominion? Is that right?"

"Because Radix wants us to?"

"Knowledge?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nunzillor

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2014, 10:28:33 am »

Stargazer seems lost in thought.  Her entire body twitches as she contemplates the three questions.  Finally, she speaks in a reverential tone and prostrates herself before the angel.

"As you said before, we are in the dominion of Radix, clearly in a great ship from beyond the stars!!!  Or perhaps we have died and gone to heaven?

"The red guy, despite being untrustworthy to the extreme, has the right of it: we suffer because it is the will of Radix.

"The most useful thing to be derived from human existence is amusement for great beings like yourself!

"Now that I have answered your questions, I have questions for YOU, great star being.  One: why have we been given the wondrous honor of serving the Great Radix?  Two: are there any schizophrenia medications you can provide me with?  And three: why is everyone out to get me?"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:23:45 pm by Nunzillor »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:01 pm »

Woah, man, I'm probably here because fucking Jim laced the cocaine with some nasty shit...

Why do we suffer? Is it something to do with mankind's inherent evil or something. I never paid attention in philosophy class...

Human experience tells me that...everyone has price. Yeah
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »

"We are within the abyss, within which the chains of order will be broken."

"We suffer so that we grow strong, and capable of making our own way"

"The most useful thing derived of human experience is the knowledge of freedom, and the strength to take it as our own"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

"I suppose we are in Radix's Dominion, although I do wish we were in Alabama, where the skies are so blue.

We suffer because Neil Young forgot that the southern man don't need him around.

The most useful thing derived from human existence?  Moonshine.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »

Where? Some kinda secret goverment facility.
Why must we suffer? Because the goverment does not want anyone to rebel against it.
What is the most useful thing to be derived from human experience? That would be the ability to ind things those above us have hidden from us, proof of their misdeeds and so on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »

Where are we? I don't know,hell I think.

"WRONG! BUT ULTIMATELY ON THE PATH TO PERFECTION!"

The Angel of Arms tosses you what looks like a black four-barreled derringer, except it has a grip and a trigger at each barrel, each jutting out in a different direction in the vague shape of an 'X'. giving it the appearance of a conjoined quadruplet gun.

Why do we suffer? Is it something to do with mankind's inherent evil or something. I never paid attention in philosophy class...

"WRONG! BUT CLOSER THAN THE REST!"

The Angel of Arms tosses you a spiky cyborg lizard that retracts its spikes just as it lands in your hands, curling up against your body cheerfully and purring electronically.

"The most useful thing derived from human existence?  Moonshine.

"NOT MY QUESTION, EXACTLY, BUT AN ANSWER TO CONSIDER!"

The Angel of Arms tosses you what looks like a striped snail shell the size of your chest, which feels oddly light and distressingly damp. Something within it softly rumbles.

"Now that I have answered your questions, I have questions for YOU, great star being.  One: why have we been given the wondrous honor of serving the Great Radix?  Two: are there any schizophrenia medications you can provide me with?  And three: why is everyone out to get me?"

"ONE: YOU ARE GRAVELY MISTAKEN! TWO: THERE SHOULD BE SOME IN THE INFINITE PITS OF HEALTHFUL AGONY. THREE: IT IS ALL PART OF THE GREAT PLAN!"

As the voice of Radix the Omniscient addresses you, the Angel of Arms slinks back into the green gate, disappearing through it. The gate blinks several times, almost like a giant eye.

"NOW! THE PATH DOWNWARD LEADS TO THE PARADISE OF FLESHY PLEASURES! THE SPHERE IS THE FORBIDDEN HERMITAGE! ONE OR TWO MAY ENTER THE SPHERE! THE REST MUST PROCEED TO PARADISE!" the voice of Radix continues, seemingly not requiring the angel to convey its words.

Nunzillor

« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2014, 12:42:15 pm »

"Well, I-  Woah, what's that behind you guys?"

Stargazer takes off running towards the Hermitage.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:38:46 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19