Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So how to generate a world where only kobolds are alive?(along with megabeasts?)  (Read 797 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ya know, for adventure mode. Managed to create a world where only goblins are alive(for some reason all megabeasts are alive. Well, sort of, I have a zombie dragon in legends with 88 named kills. How do historical megabeasts turn into zombies?) so that allows me to pick goblin adventurer in adventure mode... Heard same thing applies to kobolds, so yeah, how to create myself a world where everyone but kobolds have encountered tragic death?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

Delete some tags from entities. Perhaps, making them die before reaching maturity might work. Another variant - [Civ_number(?):0] in every civ but a kobold.

As for zombie dragons, that happens if their lair is in animating biome. !!FUN!! from zombie dragons awaits.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:20:19 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would there be ways that don't require editing raws? Like, some advanced world generation options or doing something similar I did to produce to goblin only world?(Which was non advanced world gen with options pocket world, minimum civilizations, max history and max megabeasts and then checking which race survived :P)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

It's too luck-based. You can attempt generating low-civilized worlds, but there is no guarantee that goblins, elves, humans and dwarves would die out, leaving only kobolds. You can lock their populations in one place by generating island maps, but I really don't know a reliable method to achieve conditions you desire. It is much easier with slight modding (that won't even affect your game).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like using advanced world gen with 1 civilization and no playable civilizations requires works fine enough... You can tell if kobolds got chosen if there are no icons for other races on map

However, you are pretty much required to make world gen end at year 2 :P Because otherwise all kobolds will get wiped out instantly due to they being only target for megabeasts and they never win against them in worldgen

Would be cool if there was a way for kobolds be only survivors in world where five other civilizations existed so you can search ruins and stuff, but seems like thats not going to happen anytime soon in this version