Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How sad are you that a simple issue can bring out the worst in people?

It makes me sad. So very very sad.
- 58 (49.6%)
I think it's great!
- 26 (22.2%)
I'm indifferent.
- 33 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: 2014: Equal rights  (Read 51346 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: 2014: Equal rights
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »

(removed)
Just stop. Please. You're trolling just like your buddy awhile back, attacking the person instead of arguing like a respectable adult. Don't use racist terms either, you've lost credibility.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:10:28 pm by Toady One »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

I'm not specifically speaking of the starting seven being gay. First off, I said "imagine if." I knew it wasn't much of a possibility, and used the most extreme example possible, instead of saying "one of the starting seven was gay." Sure, I didn't know exactly how long the odds were, but shoot me. Secondly, me saying it's okay if I can mod it out was in reference to the entire gay feature in general, not in relation to the starting seven. One reason is the children. The other is that homosexuality doesn't suit my perception of dwarves, and would spoil my immersion. Other races, such as humans, I could see. So yes, I'll tailor the game so it seems more realistic to me.

So I don't care about the odds of a dwarf being gay.

Alrighty then, mod it. That's my discussion on your opinion of what dwarves should and shouldn't act like in respect to this. You can even go the full length and make all civilizations hostile to people who don't accept tradition and the importance of raising a family -- all without complaining about it.

I know. It was only a brief mention at the end of a post, but Putnam seemed rather incredulous.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

Personally, I think having some diversity is a nice touch...especially left mundane and understated. It's not going to interfere with fortress life, and would make for great story fodder.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:10:09 pm by Toady One »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]