Advanced search  

Poll

Should there be a reboot?

Aye.
Nay.
Maybe?
I like pork.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Gimme a guard, I'll give you a turn!  (Read 10473 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Because I don't think there is a similar thread on this forum, I present you the Mafia-like game, that is "Psycho-Maniacs on the loose!".

There are multiple killers and multiple guards, but the guards will have an advantage.
I will use a d100 in this game, higher the better, and so on. 1 is CRIT FAIL, 100 is CRIT WIN. Crits fails hurt badly. Crit wins hurt the loser VERY BADLY.
The most basic explanation for this games mechanic is this:
Someone is a killer. He kills NPCs. He sends me his actions via PM. There are also guards trying to stop him. Faster they catch him, the better rewards they get. The better the guards equipment is, the better the killer is.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no hitpoints in this game. This is supposed to be realistic, so no character walking around with multiple gunshot wounds in his forehead. Damage will be counted medically, so various arteries and organ wounds tend to be more dangerous than a cut on your hand.
Example fight:
[Turn 1] Killer stabs a mook in the back! The mook doesn't expect a fight, and doesn't have Quick Reflexes, so this roll is not opposed.
Killer aims for the victim's kidneys with a 20 cm knife! Due to Mook's ineptitude to not bleed to death, he is bleeding! He shouts out in pain! Others in the neighborhood are alarmed!
[Turn 2] Killer slashes victim in the neck! Killer's [47] vs Mook's [4]
An artery is cut! Killer runs!
Due to bleeding out and not receiving medical attention, Mook dies. Killer runs [1](CRIT FAIL) and trips. His knife is now stuck in his chest. No important organs are damaged.
An angry mob catches up to him! Mobs' [97] vs. Killer's [57] They literally rip the killer to shreds!

Since I do not have much experience in GMing, most issues will be answered ingame. The rating of a killer rises with the amounts of his kills.
Do not get attached to your characters, due to the nature of this game, you WILL lose your characters and there is nothing you can do about it.
Guards post their actions here, and killers PM me theirs. Killers, please keep my rolls send to you, after the setting is finished, I will post them.

Character Sheet:
There has to be an equal amount of virtues and drawbacks.
Guard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Killer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and please roleplay your characters. An Average Joe doesn't know how to assemble a car bomb, but an assassin with 20 years of experience does.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:24:35 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Murderers Needed!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 12:37:04 am »

Current players:

Guards:
George Okreman - Tomasque
   Killers:
Victor Rose - Varee
Crowley Osborne - Salsacookies

Graveyard:

Killer - Heinrich Zaleski (WWolin) - Broke the fucking game, destroyed the city, killed the King, killed over 800 different mooks through flames, murdered Salsacookies along with himself, and got himself known as the Patron of explosions, flames, revolutions.

Killer - Michael Kruger (Salsacookies) - Exploded with Wwolin. Known as the only man able to stop the Jolly Giant.

Guard - Richard Varick (Alev) Starved to death after tripping and getting stuck in a garbage dumpster. Didn't do much, questioned the shit out of people, had no idea about current events.

Killer - Jack H. Hart (Tomasque) Killed one guy, almost killed NRDL and got executed. Remembered in grim tales as a murderous monster.

Guard - Bork Borksson (Alev) stopped playing.

Killer - Jonathan Kyle (Tomasque) replaced Alev.
Survivors:

Killer - Von KarMa (Varee) Retired via help from The Boss, killed the Judge and his pals, and another two guys. Wounded Alev a bit. Lived to the end of his life in a quiet village, writing down his story and hiding it in a safe location.

Guard - Jeremiah Nix (NRDL)- Got wounded by the construct so badly, that he had to retire. Worked to the end of his life as a scribe for another empire.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:21:18 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:38:53 am »

I suggest you put this in RTD subforum

Also sheet incoming
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:40:03 am »

I'm not sure this would qualify to RTD, but possibly I'll do it.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:31 am »

I demand a setting/backstory gm

Atleasr give an era so we dont have robocop vs ninja
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:48:09 am by Varee »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:26 am »

I kinda wanted to make a poll, but due to a popular demand, I'll just say that the first setting shall be medieval-esque, 1400s and so on.

Nunzillor

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:40 am »

Nevermind, please disregard post.  My bad.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:44:37 am by Nunzillor »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 01:47:02 am »

[Spoiler = sheet]
Name: Von KarMa
Backstory:
Race (depending on setting it can be not human):human?
Equipment:crossbow, bolts,robe,rope
Virtues: Criminal vow: dont kill fellow not-so-good people
Drawbacks: alcohol addict: cant function well without alchol
Preferred method of !!MURDER!!:bolt in the back
Skills:running,shooting,climbing.
[/spoiler]

Gimme an example please i dont know what kind i shoul make them
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:58:05 am by Varee »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 01:48:27 am »

Varee, how 'bout some virtues and drawbacks? I leave them to player's imagination, up to my moderation.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 02:36:55 am »

Okay, this is fine.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 02:46:19 am »

Guard

Name: Jeremiah Nix
Backstory: A former witch hunter, left that crowd after being forced to burn his sister alive.
Race (depending on setting it can be not human): human
Equipment: Club, Executioner's mask
Virtues: Determined, Powerful Orator
Drawbacks: Over-emotional, Poor social skills
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:50:51 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 03:03:34 am »

[Spoiler = sheet]
Name: Von KarMa
Backstory: A honest hunter who track down prey and kill them. One dqy he got thrown into jail as a scapegoat. Now one of his cellmate broke him out qnd he is out for vengence.
Race (depending on setting it can be not human):human?
Equipment:crossbow, bolts,robe,rope
Virtues: Criminal vow: dont kill fellow not-so-good people
Drawbacks: alcohol addict: cant function well without alchol
Preferred method of !!MURDER!!:bolt in the back
Skill:run shoot climb

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 04:12:46 am »

Okay, let us be off! Varee, PM me your actions, and NRDL, post them here!

It is 11:00 PM

NRDL:

[42] You are stationed next to an inn. After 2 hours of calming down drunken citizens, you are irritated at your fate. Why you always get the worst shifts? Why do you have to listen to the commanders' orders?
Your thoughts are interrupted by a very loud shout... a shout of death.

Varee:
[100] You are held by rage. This bastard knew everything. He had to. And you were going to get it out. He knew that you will. He tried resisting, but after  a minutes of pure pleasure, he spits it out. The judge that ordered your imprisonment will go on a trip to Sklone, a city that was around 10 hours ride from Trobin, the town you are currently in. You also found out when will the trip start, who will be assisting him, what will he look like. You found that along the uniform of a guard, a fine dagger, purse of 174 coins (a lot), a deed for the horse from the king's stables and a note. You also take the bottle of The Golden Ambrosia, the best drink in town. You are ready to pursue that man.
The man who took away your freedom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 07:13:03 am »

"Hmm...what the bloody hell was that...."

Check out the commotion.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »

[84] You rush to the place you think you heard a shout. You see a mangled body, covered in blood and mud. You will have to hurry with your investigation, the rain is slowly removing all evidence. You notice the body is empty and seems to have an arrow or something sticking out of its' abdominal region.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13