Advanced search  

Poll

Should there be a reboot?

Aye.
Nay.
Maybe?
I like pork.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Gimme a guard, I'll give you a turn!  (Read 10489 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose!
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »

You provided entertainment to the shitty GM, you are going to be praised.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:11 pm »

Alev:
[5] You trip and accidentally get your head stuck in a garbage dumpster, leaving you there to starve to death, while you can't even move. You are remembered only by few, even your family know little about your actions. Although to make things a tad better for your soul, the few who did know you held you in high regard.

NRDL:
[53] Although your wound are great, you somehow survive, but are permanently unable to work as a guard again, due to the complications. [72] Later, some history books write your name down as the man that stopped the monster-construct. Too bad you live the rest of your life as a simple official in the intelligence office in another country. Oh well, it could be worse.

Tomasque:
[30] Your trial is swift and simple. The punishment is a quick death by dismemberment and the burning of your corpse. When you are brought to the Executioner, you laugh wholeheartidly and stab him with your hidden dagger. Your last stand, however, ends right there, unfortunately the squad of Royal Guards went and cut you to ribbons seconds later. [12] Only the most foul of people remember ye, and your name is dishonored forever. The dark legends about a murderous monster are spread widely.

Alev is dead. Tomasque is dead. NRDL retires.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:26:56 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:06 am »

Steampunk won. Writing backstory now.

Hour and a half worth of work lost. Lost power for a second.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:57:12 am by SaberToothTiger »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »

Name: Börk Börksson
Backstory: WIP
Race: Human
Equipment:WIP
Virtues: WIP
Drawbacks: WIP

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »

To this day, you lived a life of next to no importance as a citizen of Empire of Suklave. You have little to no political power in the city named Velbörk. The most interesting moments of your life were finding a purse with someone's correspondence or the occasional over consumption of alcohol that was then stopped by a large influx of violence from the Constables. The occasional zeppelin flying over your lodgings was a great spectacle for you and your neighbors, if you ever had any.
But then something changed. Whether you had a mental breakdown or maybe got bores of your current achievements, you retreat from society into the metaphorical valley of death.

Known Factions
The Nobles
The Constables, the police force
The Harpooners, army of the Empire
The Revolutionaries
The Criminals
The Church
The Spies

I've introduced a Faction system. Upon a creation of character, you may also add connections to these. Note: you may have only one connection to avoid overpowered characters. Some factions are hidden, and other compete with each other for power. To acquire information about important figures, you will have to roll to gather information. Having a connection automatically gives you the names of important figures in that faction.

Available races: Human.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:27:36 pm by SaberToothTiger »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2014, 08:12:07 pm »

Tomasque:
[30] Your trial is swift and simple. The punishment is a quick death by dismemberment and the burning of your corpse. When you are brought to the Executioner, you laugh wholeheartidly and stab him with your hidden dagger. Your last stand, however, ends right there, unfortunately the squad of Royal Guards went and cut you to ribbons seconds later. [12] Only the most foul of people remember ye, and your name is dishonored forever. The dark legends about a murderous monster are spread widely.

Woohoo! anyway... Can I use the character that I made in the last post? (The Johnathan dude... Converted to steampunk era and minus part of the backstory) I'll be connected to the Constables BTW.. But it's not like I'll help them or anything....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:14:20 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »

Name:Crowley Osborne
Backstory: An accomplished alchemist, he went to a library, where he came across a book which held the secrets of Black Alchemy. He read the book, tried the recipes, and was eventually driven insane, became obsessive of the book, and began searching for unfortunate test subjects to test his concoctions upon.
Race:Human
Preferred method of !!MURDER!!: Experimentation via Black Alchemy
Virtues: Savvy, will try to make himself not easy to point out. Friendly, good with people, and able to blend with crowds. 
Drawbacks. Obsessive of the book of Black Alchemy. stays around experimentation scenes to take notes.
Equipment: Alchemy Set, book of Black Alchemy, Syringe knife, blow dart, hollow darts, note journal and ink pen
Skills:Black Alchemy, Writing, Forward planning.

Faction: The Church
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

Backstory: Börk lived as a carpenter for most of his life, slaving away for the whims of the upper class. Then a man approached him, telling him of a way to get back at and fight the corruption of those nobility.
Equipment: Rifle and ammo, Stilleto, dark cloak
Virtues: Hiding in the shadows: He is hard to spot when in anywhere where it is dark.
Drawbacks: Inattentive: he has a tendency not to notice potentially dangerous things until they are very near to him.
Revolutionaries.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:00:12 pm by Alev »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2014, 03:45:04 pm »

Backstory: Börk lived as a carpenter for most of his life, slaving away for the whims of the upper class. Then a man approached him, telling him of a way to get back at and fight the corruption of those nobility.
Virtues: Hiding in the shadows: He is hard to spot when in anywhere where it is dark.
Drawbacks: Inattentive: he has a tendency not to notice potentially dangerous things until they are very near to him.
Revolutionaries.
Just to make sure, is he a "guard"/"vigilante", so a person that hunts down the killers or a killer?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:53 pm »

Revolutionaries.
Just to make sure, is he a "guard"/"vigilante", so a person that hunts down the killers or a killer?
A vigilante. It was a little unclear. 

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2014, 08:32:54 pm »

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Now we'll just wait for another person and we'll start. If you require more in-game information, make sure to include it in your action. It will help you tremendously.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Gimme a guard, I'll give you a turn!
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

I will make a sheet

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2014, 09:41:50 pm »

Okay, to push things forward a bit, I'll let the current players start now.

Alev:
[54] The man that gave you hope in the future said:
"My name is Stross Ricketts. I, and a group of other people form what is called the dynamite faction. We fight evil to let men live another day happily. To free the people from their chains, you must strike the enemy straight in the heart, so we must gather forces to make sure the hit is true and strong. You, my friend, shall be the person responsible for protecting these people, as we may not trust the Constables for safety. Your nickname for this operation shall be sent to you by a trusted courier. You shall also be given a red ribbon to recognize and be recognized as one of us. Just for this situation, if things go extremely out of hand, shout with all your strength the phrase "ORION, GUIDE ME TO FREEDOM". But do not use it unless necessary, or tell it to anyone."

Known Revolutionary contacts:
Sir Stross Ricketts

Tomasque:
[7] Well, that didn't work. The man you just got stopped by while stalking someone was the unfamous Officer Bryar. But instead of beating you to death for "profilactics", he smiled grimly and pulled towards an alleyway.

"You, scumbag, are a perfect candidate for a small mission. Now, you will go to Commisar Stiechkin and report for duty. You got two minutes before I bash your face to bits with this rifle, and if you don't get there in time we'll be in for a treat!"

He calls for one of his pals. It seems he wants to engage in some sort of wicked death race to this Stiechkin. You heard horrifying stories about the men that pissed Bryar for things as menial as spitting on the pavement, and this time he's got more reasons to mutilate you. Maybe you should be on your way?

Known Constable contacts:
Officer Bryar
Commisar Stiechkin (?)

Salsacookies:
[47] You sit in your small apartment and wonder about the possibilities the world just opened to you with this book. I mean, you could just simply take over the world with it! But to that, you first would need to do some research. You don't have any plan for this phase... yet... but you sure know that Pastor Stevenson could have some ideas about your "purely hobbistic interest in alchemical experiments".

Known Church contacts:
Pastor Stevenson

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2014, 09:56:51 pm »

Name:Victor Rose
Backstory: A mad sciencetist, he was a prominent figure before his coworker stole his discovery of multipurpose combustion oil. The society now praise his collegue and he is out of revenge against society after his coworker's house "accidentally" blow up
Preferred method of !!MURDER!!: using IEDs
Virtues: Tinkering. His pockets,are full of crazy parts and gadgets.
Drawbacks. Tourette disorder, swearing is and unavoidable part of his speech right now
Equipment: Grappel gun, a few IEDs, random parts, torned labcoat, concealed suicide vest, pda.
Skills:Gadgeteering, throwing,climbing with grapel

Faction: The Criminal.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2014, 06:34:05 am »

PDA's and  IED's are a bit too much, gunpowder is easy to obtain, sure, but dynamite hasn't been invented yet. And PDA is just too much. Everything else - I'm okay with it.

Name:Victor Rose
Backstory: A mad sciencetist, he was a prominent figure before his coworker stole his discovery of multipurpose combustion oil. The society now praise his collegue and he is out of revenge against society after his coworker's house "accidentally" blow up
Preferred method of !!MURDER!!: using IEDs
Virtues: Tinkering. His pockets,are full of crazy parts and gadgets.
Drawbacks. Tourette disorder, swearing is and unavoidable part of his speech right now
Equipment: Grappel gun, a few IEDs, random parts, torned labcoat, concealed suicide vest, pda.
Skills:Gadgeteering, throwing,climbing with grapel

Faction: The Criminal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13