Advanced search  

Poll

Should there be a reboot?

Aye.
Nay.
Maybe?
I like pork.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Gimme a guard, I'll give you a turn!  (Read 10459 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-Maniacs on the loose! -Murderers Needed!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:47:59 pm »

Guard for next game:

Name: Richard Varick
Backstory: A former adventurer who was locally famous. One day, he got shot in the knee by an enemy archer, and it never healed right, so he became a guard. He tells that story to everyone he sees.
Race (depending on setting it can be not human): Human
Equipment: Glaive, dagger, leather vest
Virtues: Good hearing: can hear what most other people can't.
Drawbacks: Bad knee: He isn't the best at running and whatnot.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »

I'll lob you in, Alev, when an opportunity arises...
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 06:17:20 pm »

Pick up the body and dash for cover.  I'll do a rough autopsy out of the rain.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »

NRDL:

[73]You quickly pick up the body and dash to the tavern. You kick down the door, thinking that stopping that bastard is more important than petty mannerism. You think you recognize the body; it was Fidel, a guard which used to gather information from all of the informants. You now also see that he was beaten and cut before being shot in the guts. He is buck naked and he doesn't have any of his equipment.

You have a bad feeling you will have to report the death to the commander.

Alev:
You hear screams from the tavern. You valiantly go in that direction. but without much haste. I mean, you would be faster if the Royal Medics moved their bums and started helping people, not the nobles. When you arrive at the tavern, you see that the door is locked. [96] You basically ram it off its hinges. You look around, and see your friend Jeremiah, crouching near someone.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »

"Richard, Fidel's dead, I think.  The fiend used an arrow, I need you to search for who made it, any way you can.  Go."

Give arrow to Richard, then report death to commander.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

Listen, go in the direction of any bad sounds I hear. Else, see which direction the arrow came from and go in that direction, asking anyone encountered about who they saw.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:36 am »

NRDL:

You report the situation to Richard. You know the killer got away, and that you will be heavily scolded back at the station, but you also know that it will be worse if you don't get there.

[98] The commander takes it really well, considering the situation and his character:

"You screwed up, and you screwed up good. That did you find?"
"Sir, the victim was shot to death and tortured. He was found naked and without any of his equipment."
"Hmm, not good. Fidel that day was supposed to meet his informer. If that bastard knows it, we might as well close the shop, as we can't do shit without him. I'll assign someone to do the investigation, now move! Your task is to rescue our guy, but do it incognito! He should in the Odd Cow, sitting in the corner."

Alev:
[71] You listen, but can't hear anything. You instead ask around for information. Someone steps up and says that there was a weird guy walking around with a guard uniform in his hands.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 06:12:18 am »

Head to the Odd Cow, conceal my club and any other signs that identify me as a guard.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:07 pm »

Ask which direction he went in, and go that direction, asking other people along the way.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 06:55:36 pm »

I'll take a killer slot

Spoiler:  Heinrich Zaleski (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 06:16:59 am »

NRDL:
[100] You run up to the tavern, afraid of missing the guy , but you arrive just in time to stop him.

You "arrest" him and drag him back to the station. When you get there, he says:
"Thanks mate, but I can handle myself just fine. By the way, why did Fidel not come? He's usually the guy who receives my report."

((You literally would not catch him without a crit, you know?))

Alev:
[89] The guy says that the killer ran down a street saying something about cows and taverns. You quickly deduce, that he went to the "Odd Cow", a tavern for the Middle-Lower class, serving week beers, barley bread and goat cheese.

Wwolin:
[41] Some dumb mook just questioned ya about some weird fella. Well, you wouldn't know nothin' bout that, wouldn't ya? You are a proud citizen, a proud bored citizen. All this people around, sad, cold. You knew just exactly what would cheer them up. Some good old fashioned fires. You see a noble walking around, smoking a pipe. He enters an alleyway, alone and secluded. You smiled at the possibilities.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 08:14:43 am »

"Fidel's dead.  I need your help to catch the bastard who killed him.  You say you can handle yourself.  You mind being bait?"

((Really hoping the whole powerful orator thing gives me a bonus, pretty please ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »

Continue on my run towards the tavern. Ask the tavernkeeper about the man when I arrive.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

There definitely wasn't some evil planning going on here. Nothing like that at all. Heeheehee...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:03:14 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »

Hey you psst murderer pm their action pst dont go tell the guards what you are doing.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13