Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.40.03 Dwarfs falling from trees  (Read 772 times)

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.40.03 Dwarfs falling from trees
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:10:32 am »

So my dwarfs keep climbing trees and then falling from them and dying, it doesn't happen too regularly but occasionally, a goblin also got stuck in a tree and I was technically under siege for several ingame months, any way to solve it and does this count as a bug?

King55

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 0.40.03 Dwarfs falling from trees
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:23:33 am »

Yes, i believe this is a bug, to solve it try to chop down the tree and send a squad to kill the goblin.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »

Yeah, they try to climb way too much. It's annoying when you're in an elevated zone, and they decided they won't climb down (or up) even if dehydrated, drowsy and hungry. Especially when it's over lava.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »

I settled in a gorge, about 7-10 z-levels above a river. I can't give you a number of z-levels because I abandoned that fort once I hit 4 dwarves.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

King55

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 06:24:07 pm »

Yeah, they try to climb way too much. It's annoying when you're in an elevated zone, and they decided they won't climb down (or up) even if dehydrated, drowsy and hungry. Especially when it's over lava.
Indeed, i embarked in a volcano and my dwarves had the great idea of using the inside of it as a ladder to enter the fortress instead of using the main entrance. The result: 5 of my 7 starting dwarves melted and i had to abandon the fortress