Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.03 Released  (Read 37804 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.03 Released
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »

Awesome! Unfortunately I did not get to experience the baby migration bug though.

I think version compatibility may have been broken again. I have a save generated on 0.40.02, but I can’t load it on 0.40.03. Anyone else have this problem?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »

Any plans on reducing the amount of pain receptors in bones, by the way? I'm not kidding when I say that any shot from a (cross)bow that hits a bone knocks anything with bones down to the ground from pain.

oh_no

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »

Awesome! Unfortunately I did not get to experience the baby migration bug though.

I think version compatibility may have been broken again. I have a save generated on 0.40.02, but I can’t load it on 0.40.03. Anyone else have this problem?

As Toady said, they are incompatible this time. Sorry.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »

Any plans on reducing the amount of pain receptors in bones, by the way? I'm not kidding when I say that any shot from a (cross)bow that hits a bone knocks anything with bones down to the ground from pain.

It's on the bug tracker.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »

It takes twenty seconds to change 50 to 20 and the bug has been open since the middle of 2010.
and the issue is a pretty major cause of instadeath

oh_no

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »

I'm not so certain but you may be able to mod that yourself. Dunno if there's a distinct variation how many nerves something with [HAVES_NERVES] has.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Just because you can fix it yourself doesn't mean that players playing vanilla should suffer from such a serious and easily fixable bug.

(also if you're in doubt then go shoot a human, a giant and a dragon and watch how they collapse when you hit a bone)

oh_no

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »

This is why we love you Toady; despite the update taking two years, you are now pumping out bugfixes at the speed of light.

:D
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 11:47:47 pm »

Alright, new bug: When the worldgen needs, at the end, to finalise more than about 1100 sites, the game crashes.

On a medium world with 200 years of worldgen, I had entity site cap at 1500. This produced around 1500 sites to finalise, and the game crashed when finalising sites was around 1100. With the entity site cap at the default of 1040, about 1060 sites were produced to be finalised, and worldgen worked fine.

Strange though, in Legends it has about 500/5000 sites or so. Curious.

This causes trouble with worldgen on larger worlds for me.

I am absolutely sure it is not a RAM problem.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »

Hmm...  I wonder if it is a bandit camp/lair overload -- those get their final coordinates at the very end.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

JonathanCR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 12:46:12 am »

I've never been hit in the bone by a crossbow bolt, but I've broken enough bones to imagine it. I'd say that sounds like a pretty realistic reaction to me.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:22 am »

I've never been hit in the bone by a crossbow bolt, but I've broken enough bones to imagine it. I'd say that sounds like a pretty realistic reaction to me.

Conversely, in real life, many people who break their toe don't realize it for days or weeks afterward.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 01:15:00 am »

Uhh... I just got the new version, started the arena to mess around, and got this in the error log:
Code: [Select]
go baby!
 usz: 0
post baby
post clean

It keeps happening every time I start the arena...  Is this supposed to happen? :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:23 am »

Neat.
Since these updates are speedy, I'll wait for 0.40.04 to stop playing 0.40.01.
I am a fan of chaos and instability.
Also saving frequently.
It's not very logical downloading something to find out tomorrow the next version is out, or even a few days.
Still, excellent work.
Correct, however if nobody played the early releases bugs wouldn't be found, most of those stability bugs were found within an hour because of how many people were playing.
Pretty realistic reaction actually if it's a major bone, and I hope that armour works well enough that crossbows don't always manage to hit bones?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:42 am »

Uhh... I just got the new version, started the arena to mess around, and got this in the error log:
Code: [Select]
go baby!
post baby
post clean

It keeps happening every time I start the arena...  Is this supposed to happen? :P

He he he, yeah, I left some baby test code in by accident.  go baby! = enter the scheduled birth function, post baby = after babies are born, post clean = after it puts them away in their historical spots.  the usz is the number of units in play at the time.  We want the first number and the last number to be the same, except perhaps in weird edge cases.  I'll try to remember to take it out for next time...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5