Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with Guild/Animate reactions  (Read 625 times)

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with Guild/Animate reactions
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »

Hi everyone,

I'm playing on an old version of MDF (3df) while playing on a mac; I'm a mac newbie and haven't quite figured out wine yet, so for the time being I'm simply playing on what's available for easy download in the mac thread.

Anyway, I've been having some problems with the abovementioned reactions: when trying to train a soldier for garrison training, for example, it'll simply run the reaction (consuming the coins in the process) but the dwarf won't change. When trying to animate a scarecrow, it's the same thing: I've tried pasturing a sprite right on the center of a thatchery and the workshop will run the reaction, but it'll simply consume the inanimate scarecrow without doing anything. Can anyone help me out on this? I can buy scarecrows from caravans, so that's not really TOO much of a concern, but I'd really like have my dwarves train up

Any help would be much appreciated!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Guild/Animate reactions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »

Board Rules

Don't make a new thread for a single question you have. Each race has its own thread.

Remember that in future. Unlike some other forums, Bay12 has a lot of general megathreads and less small threads.

As for your problems, running these types of reactions on repeat doesn't work and I recall that they were somewhat erratic even when done properly. Try stationing multiple transformees next to the dwarf running the reaction, as that will give you a higher chance of the thing working due to multiple creatures being hit by the boiling rock that causes the transformation.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling